Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Published Authors I Love: Cari Quinn

I know lots of great writers. I have lots of published authors I love. Where they intersect, well, it's a very small place (so far). Today's Published Authors I Love is Cari Quinn.

I met Cari through TaraLeigh (who will be in that small intersection soon, I just KNOW it) and a small writing group who came to be known as the WHORES. We WHORES had a goal. Write 1000 words a day, 6 days a week, on whatever story we were working on at the time. We sent emails to rest of the group with our word counts, excerpts, and general railing at the inhumanity of it all.

Cari shared her very first published work, Full Disclosure, before it was published, much to our delight. While I did not review this specific story, I loved it to pieces and still revisit it when I need something to help kick-start my writing when I just simply don't want to write another sex scene. This story, about a website I'd love to find in real life, called "Hunk du Jour" was a wicked fun romp through Naughtyville. Here's a summary, in case you're intrigued.

Thirty-eight-year-old divorcee Holly Burrows has had enough of battery-operated love. Prompted by an ad left at her law office, she investigates Hunk Du Jour, a website designed to foster ‘adult connections’. After weeks of sexy emails and phone calls with surf hunk Kent, she's ready to test their chemistry in person. But first she has to get through lunch with her colleague Alex, a man with a brain as agile as his body. When their consultation ends with a bang, she barely remembers the man she'd lined up for dessert. Now she thinks she's juggling two hot young guys. How can she choose between her two gorgeous cubs – and why do they remind her of each other?
Through the WHORES, and Cari's first book, I learned that she, Ms. Quinn, is not only a fantastic writer, she's a dirty, dirty girl.

That's why, dear Devotees, I think you're going to LOVE not only Full Disclosure, but also her newest soon-to-be-released e-book, Ex Appeal, which I've reviewed below:

Last week, I talked Cari into sending me her latest Hunk du Jour story, Ex Appeal.

In this story, we meet Jenny and Ty, a couple who’s together-life has gone from sizzle to fizzle. Jenny tries a variety of things to get Ty interested again, but when they fail, she decides to end their relationship.

Weeks later, deciding to “get back on the horse” she activates her Hunk du Jour account, looking for Mr. Right Now. Imagine her surprise to find her ex’s profile! Jenny decides then to show Ty that she can be what he wants – that she has to be, because he’s’ the only man for her.

Her quest to prove her love to Ty not with words, but with actions, leads them to a sex-filled date at a borrowed beach house. Sun, sand, surf and sex. What could be better? How ‘bout a little Tie Me Up?

Cari is a wonderful storyteller, and her characters all but pop off the page. Each chapter is more descriptive than the last, and her sex scenes simply scintillate. If you’re looking for a fun summer read, or something to freshen your own stale bedroom, give Ex Appeal a read!
I heartily recommend both of Cari's stories, and look forward to the third and (she threatens) final story in the Hunk du Jour series.  I do believe, my dear devotees, that you will LOVE these stories too!

The next of the "Published Authors I Love" that I'll tell you about will be my very good friend, fellow JoviWhore, and writing partner, Terri England.

5 comments:

TaraLeigh June 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

Awww even a little nod to me too! You're awesome, Hath! Tankies!

And yes, Jenny's story is amazing. I highly recommend it. She's feisty and fun, determined and stubborn. Just like I like a female char. Everyone should know just how good Cari is!

Super_Kiwi June 2, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Cari has a wicked wit and then the next thing can crumble you to the floor with the most insane love scene. She's an awesome author and if you like something HOT with a really good storyline to go with it, this one is def worth a shot--I can't wait to read the final version C.

Great review Hath.

Cari Quinn June 2, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

Yes, you're absolutely right about Tara. It's going to happen for her very, very soon and we're all going to cheer her on every step of the way!

Thanks so much for this, Hath. You're an awesome writer yourself and I'm so happy you liked both stories. Erotic romance isn't for everyone, but I'm thrilled so many people do seem to enjoy it. Your review made my week! :)

*hugs*

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter June 2, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

I'm anxiously awaiting Ex-Appeal! ;D I loved Full Disclosure.

Cari's writing is fantastic. I love her quick wit and clever dialogue. Definitely something to look forward to.

Jaime

Darah Lace June 2, 2010 at 12:36 PM  

Cari is the best! I loved Full Disclosure and can't wait for Ex Appeal's release!

Hugs and congrats!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP