Friday, June 04, 2010

Jon Bon Jovi Works on his Legacy

Stadium openings, Super Bowl announcements, V-22 flyovers by the Marines - globally speaking, it's not a bad time to be Jon Bon Jovi.

And yet, as the journalists gather in New York to quiz, bask in and list the extended and most recent wins - the New Meadowlands Stadium gigs and the 12-night residency at the O2 Arena in London, where they've renamed June "Bon Jovi month" - it turns out there's a status greater than adulation, something rock-star wealth can't buy.

Is it true that Obama senior adviser David Axelrod had the lyrics to "Work for the Working Man" framed on his wall?

"Still does," Bon Jovi confirms.

"I'd been having these conversations throughout the last year and a half with various people in the administration, and before the record had come out, I told them about the song and burned a CD and took the lyrics in. And next thing I knew, they were framed."

Bigger than 120 million albums sold is having the ear of the president.

"I've been down to the White House since the administration has been in office four times. And been very involved with what I do philanthropically, with my foundation (JBJ Soul Foundation, helping the homeless) and helped them create this serve.gov initiative, where we had PSAs in the hallways of the venues to sign up to volunteer for whatever moves them."

Briefly, then, amid the hoopla surrounding all these career landmarks, we are acknowledging the larger truth: While you weren't looking, Bon Jovi became bigger than the game.

Studiedly shaggy of hair and gleaming of teeth, he says "Legacy is very important to me. That's what it's about at this point. We're certainly not the new guys in town, and this isn't a reunion tour, and it's not where-are-they-now and it's not a multiple-act package.

"This is a Bon Jovi show. Like it or not, we're one of the biggest bands in the world. I'd like to make sure the way we leave (our legacy) is timeless and classic and on point and true to what I set out to do."

Read the rest of the article here.

~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP