Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Soraia in the Studio with Jon


Soraia has announced on their website that they're hitting the studios in April to work on a new record, and Jon Bon Jovi not only offered the use of his studio, but also said he wanted to be involved in making the record with them.  Here's [part of] what was posted on the website:

We're starting a new record in mid April....finishing up all the songs we already have begun in demo form that we've shared with you live and writing a ton more amidst the shows we're playing over the next month.

And here's a piece of truly inspiringly-good news about the upcoming record as well:

Not only are we on FIRE in our writing and excited to get started, but also - after the show we did in Philadelphia last week - Jon Bon Jovi offerred us the use of his studio for the making of our record. If that wasn't enough, he also said he would like to be involved in the process of making this record with us....

SON OF A GUN. WHAAAAAAAAA???

It's all happening, yeah?

So, we are truly excited, honored, still reelin' AAAAAAND rockin' with this amazing news...and so ready to get to work to bring you some new material.
So I'll be honest with you.  Soraia only came to my attention because of the work Obie does with them.  Obie's in the Jovi sphere, so viola.  Since then, however, I've come to really like the music, based on the merits.  The clincher for me?  A [very] recent unplugged performance from a radio gig where they performed their new track "I Want What I Want".  (You can download the track here.)

For me, the true measure of a band is listening to them live.  And unplugged.  Anyone can mask weak vocals with slammin' guitar licks or pounding beats on the drums.  Take the LOUD away, and give me the voices and the rhythm.  That's what you get here.

The guitar/tambourine lead in a perfect intro to Sue's lyrics.  The first time I heard this, I immediately thought of Janis Joplin.  Sue seems to have the same sort of rasp on this track, and it made me want to give it a second listen.  And a third.  That's not to say she doesn't have her own sound, because she does.  Her voice is raw and powerful and sensual and in-your-face, and by the third listen, I was singing along in my head.  You will too.

In any event, I'm looking forward to Soraia's new record, and hope HOPE that Jon's involvement includes a different production staff than who worked on The Circle.  Just sayin'.  It would be a shame to ruin Soraia's sound with too much smoothing.

Just sayin'.

OK (rubs hands together) onto the good stuff.  My dear friend @JovisWillow is working with Soraia somewhat, helping with social networking and photography/videography, and basically doing whatever kinds of things they need doing.  She and Catte have put a BUNCH of things together, and the lovely Ms. Catte took time out of her day today to put it in one place for me -- a big-ass email that I'm going to pretty much dump here for you.  Interviews, songs, websites, all sorts of yummy goodness. 

Here goes.

All the Bon Jovi/Soraia stuff that aired on WMMR on Jon's birthday / Concert Day is here.

On my Mediafire, I have a folder for All Things Soraia.  That link is here.

Inside that folder is a BUNCH of stuff: 
Vampire (cover of Concrete Blonde song)  -- Catte, I have to agree, this is a GREAT showcase for Sue's voice.
Had Enough (from Shed the Skin, 2009 album, featuring Richie on guitar)

The new song Sue has been working on with Jon (that she talks about in the WMMR interview) is Love Amnesia -- both JovisWillow and Catte did YouTube videos of it (from opposite sides of the Pit)  They're linked on BJCT.  They'll be duly ripped for the BJCT MediaFire folder soon.

On Soraia's homepage at ReverbNation you can listen to Runaround, Love Like VooDoo, Not the Woman, On the Horizon, Little Cat, and Shed the Skin


The video they did in 2009 with Obie and Jon in the giant Fro Wig is Not the Woman.  It's on YouTube on Soraia's channel.  There are also some clips of Soraia warming up backstage at Wells Fargo, doing a shoot with Mark Weiss, in studio, backstage before the SPAC show, etc. Some fun stuff.


Immerse yourself.  You'll thank me later.

~ Hath

3 comments:

steph March 9, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

wouldn`t midn if that became Jons new hobby producing promising bands and renting out his studio lol

Unknown March 10, 2011 at 2:51 PM  

Soraia is cool! Another great band Obie produced is MAR KZ. Obie produced it, Hugh Macdonald played bass, Bobby Bandiera sang backups.Album was mixed at Jons studio too. Amazing album check out the web site www.mar-kz.com


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP