Thursday, October 06, 2011

Spending Time with Soraia

SO, guess who JonBon has been spending some time with?

(C'mon people, it's in the title of the blog post.)

Yes, Soraia.

I have a little birdie whispering Soraia things to me, and this one I wanted to share.

If you don’t keep up with Soraia, you may not have heard that they’re working on a new record.  In the past few months, Sue has not only been writing with Travis Smith (as usual), Soraia's bass player, but she's also been collaborating with several writers, including JonBon, Billy Falcon, and Obie.

She and Jon have penned 8 songs together, some of which will be on the new album. Most recently they wrote a song together called "Hell-O" that is currently in production. I’ve heard a rough cut of the song (sorry, no video to share) and it’s fantastic. The cut I heard was Sue with a lone guitar – simply amazing. I can't wait for the finished product.

Sue also wrote two songs with Billy Falcon that will be on the record; those I have videos for :)








The band has some tracks in Nashville and LA, but they've been primarily recording at SINE Studios in Philadelphia and Sanctuary II in Red Bank. 


With input from Obie and Jon, Sue and the band have pared down their lengthy new-song list somewhat for the new record, but they have to cut it down further to around 10 tracks, which they are finding incredibly hard to do.  I can't say I blame them.

As an aside, why cut it down? I mean a standard CD holds something like 70-80 minutes of music, right? At an average of 4 minutes a song, that’s 17-20 songs. I don’t get it. But I digress.

One of Soraia's more recent songs that has become a fan favorite is "Love Amnesia". Soraia performed it when they opened for Bon Jovi in Philly (this tour) on Jon's Birthday.



Love Amnesia was co-written by our very own Obie O'Brien, and is in production for the record now. Here are a couple clips of the horns being laid down in the studio:





Soraia is working with some great artists on this record including Bobby Bandiera and Gerry Cohen. There will also be some other "notable performers" though the birdie who whispers these things to me is annoyingly silent on who exactly counts as “notable”...

Everyone involved with the record is thrilled to be working with Soraia. Sue’s passion is contagious, and it comes through in her vocals.

You can visit Soraia on Facebook, or on their web page, or they're @SoraiaRocks on Twitter.

Want to get involved? Join the Soraia Street Team: For the Fans, by the Fans, the Soraia Street Team is all about our favorite Philly Band... check out SST for Soraia buzz, pics, video, random tidbits, and fun & games...

Soraia's new album is tentatively planned for December release.

~ Hath

8 comments:

emma,  October 6, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

Do you know if jon sings at all with her?

Catte Sambora October 6, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

Even better -- does OBIE sing with her? THAT would be something to hear!

Anonymous,  October 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM  

im sure he doesnt sing with her. this has very little to do with BJ in reality.

The Goddess Hathor October 6, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

@emma, I don't have any info on that as of yet, but who knows? Jon is reportedly super-involved with this record at the moment.

@CatteSambora, you're too funny.

@Anon, this may not have much to do with "Bon Jovi - the band", but it does speak to the recent activities of some of the players...

Becky October 7, 2011 at 2:59 AM  

Why doubt that Jon sings with her? I'm sure he puts in a cameo here or there, even in just backing vocals. He's done that numerous times with other artists in his 30 year career. I think this is great - I love to hear about the members' individual endeavors and what they're keeping up with. That's the point of a blog, especially during tour in-between time lol. Thanks for posting this tidbit, Hath!

Anonymous,  October 7, 2011 at 4:25 AM  

Because there is no indication in this lengthy writeup that he would be singing with her? Im not sure how we're supposed to expect that based on what is written.

My point was that just because Jon is "super involved" in this, in reality he's probably just giving them some minor tuneups and pointers here and there because both parties were willing. I'm sure it's really mainly the band's songs/music.

Or at least I hope he's not giving out songs to so-so bands instead of saving them for himself or Bon Jovi in what is already such a depleted songwriting well.
I suppose at this point I should be glad Jon is wasting his time on their music rather than with a fashion line and that blonde airhead.

Shelly H,  October 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM  

Wow Anonymous, why so angry?

Soraia is a very talented band, you should check them out before passing judgement or calling them a so-so band. Jon doesn't waste his time on non-talent. If you open your mind and check out a show I am sure you would be pleasantly surprised.

Richie played on Soraia's first album, this is listed in the credits on the album. Also, I highly doubt Jon's song writing well is depleting, it is an honor to be inducted into the songwriter's hall of fame.

Being a negative person won't get anyone too far in life, try to be open minded you may get a pleasant surprise.

Anonymous,  October 8, 2011 at 2:43 AM  

they are a competent band. nothing incredible. they have certainly benefitted from being "linked" to Bon Jovi. But their songs are pedantic at best. MANY better bands out there. just stating the facts. many bon jovi fans jump on the "bandwagon" of ANYTHING connected to bon jovi. that's NOT speculation. that's fact. best of luck to them.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP