Tuesday, June 08, 2010

David's having FUN in London

Flying around the globe, performing in front of thousands every night, releasing their 11th studio album - how do Bon Jovi find the energy to do it?

Easy, it's fun.

That's the secret according to David Bryan, one of the founding members, who took time out from the band's world tour to chat with us [Docklands24].

David has been playing keyboard with the band since they formed in 1983 and he says still gets a thrill from performing with them.

David said: "I still just can't wait to get in front of the crowd and start performing.

"It's the fun that keeps us going. Fun with a capital F."

Their return to the O2 is one of the highlights of The Circle globe tour. The band opened the arena and now they're keen to return.

David, 48, said: "We've been touring the planet for months now and it will be great to come back to London - it's special for us. It always has a great crowd, great fans and it's a great place to play - we opened the O2 up!"

In between world tours and releasing their 11th studio album, David somehow finds time to write musicals. He has penned music and lyrics for the rock musical The Toxic Avenger and Memphis which has scored eight Tony nominations, with David in the running for two awards - Best Musical and Best Score.

And during the O2 residency David is flying back to New York for the awards ceremony.

He said: "I haven't been off for about three years! It's basically two shows and then a day off and I'll be flying back for the awards and hopefully come back with one of those little awards."

Despite his solo success though, David says his heart will always be with Bon Jovi.

He said: "Bon Jovi has always been the mothership. I've been playing with Jon Bon Jovi since I was 16, that's 32 years and I'm still having fun. I think I've got another 50 years and then maybe I'll stop, maybe when I'm 100."

source

Dave, I hope you come back with ALL of the little trophies for which you're nominated.  Do you have to go through customs like everyone else?  Watch out they don't set off the detectors.  Nothing a strip search to bring your spirits down :)

Travel safe, and keep having fun! And I promise, if you're still doing this when you're 100, I'll be there at a mere, spry, 90.

~ Hath

1 comments:

Bayaderra June 8, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

*raises her hand*
I volunteer to strip search him...I'll be gentle...unless he doesn't want me to be...

On the serious side, I've got my fingers crossed for the next weekend!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP