Thursday, June 10, 2010

From Netherworld to Memphis, Part Two

The second part of Bryan Reesman's interview is up. Here's an excerpt.

How do you think your image has changed from David Bryan the rocker to David Bryan the composer? What have people’s expectations been like?

The best part is that everybody [high up in theater] is about 70 or 80 years old, so they call me “The Kid”. In my world we’re old men, and in this world, I’m a kid, so I like that. With producers in that world, I always said I’m trying to class up the joint in my band by being a Broadway composer. They think it [the music] is raucous. It’s funny what people think the cliché is. Joe DiPietro and I are halfway through writing another one. We made a pact that we’re writing with each other, that we want to be the modern Rodgers and Hammerstein and want to take a partnership because we really enjoy what we do and do it well together. But he really understands the sensibility of what I do. It’s completely not theater, if you will. It’s just different.

You said you were working on another show with Joe.

We’re probably about halfway through it. We’ve been working on for about a year or so and got about eight songs in it already. We found the heartbeat of it. So when Joe and I write when I’m on the road, I’ll call him up while I have a keyboard in my room, we’ll write over the phone. Sometimes if I’m in the city for five days, he’ll fly out and we’ll sit together and write for five days. Time marches on whether I’m on tour were not. We want to get another one out there.

Are there any Bon Jovi songs that you would like to hear come back into the band’s set list?

On the tour we came in with our master list of about 90 songs, just to keep the boredom out. We first learn them, then walk into the sound check and play them. We’ve been playing some old ones from the first record. We’ve played “Roulette” and “The Hardest Part Is The Night”. Songs we haven’t done in forever. It’s fun to do that stuff.
You can read the full (and fantastically long) interview here (first part is here).

~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP