Monday, December 05, 2011

Rumored April 14 Show in Russia?

A Russian website is reporting this under the title "Bon Jovi to strip in Moscow again?":

When Soviet audiences failed to react to Bon Jovi’s music, Jon saved a flailing festival with an improvised striptease by borrowing a soldier’s uniform. Now fans are Livin’ on a Prayer as the band prepares to return with its first solo gig in Moscow.

The American rockers have been on stage for almost three decades, but have still never performed a full solo concert in Russia.

Back in 1989, Bon Jovi Gave Love a Bad Name with a striptease at Moscow’s Peace Festival. After seeing the stony faces in the audience, Jon decided to liven up the proceedings by borrowing a soldier’s uniform (he apparently gave his jeans in return). His saucy performance has meant fans have Kept the Faith since, awaiting the band’s return.

The rockers will hit the capital’s Olympiisky Arena on April 14 next year. The band will play their best hits alongside new material, due to be released on their new album in 2013.
Concert or no, I'm sure there are fans who wouldn't mind a reprisal of the strip-tease...

And I wouldn't mind seeing Richie in those star-graced pants and the fringed leather jacket...
(See LOAP, Wanted, Moscow Peace Festival, 1989)

~ Hath

DISCLAIMER: UNLESS YOU READ IT ON BONJOVI.COM, IT'S JUST A RUMOR.

2 comments:

Bayaderra December 5, 2011 at 10:08 PM  

I checked on bonjovi.ru for confirmation... no such luck. And Alex (site admin) is usually very current on BJ news.

Bayaderra December 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM  

Its official, Matt just said on Twitter:

@MatthewBongioviMatthew Bongiovi


There is NO show in Russia. This is a RUMOR.

O well, I guess there will be no need to look up my relatives in Moscow... I won't need a place to stay... :(


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP