Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!!

Yep, we have our first official snow day.  The school called this morning at 5:30 before the snow even decided to fall.  A preemptive strike that pretty much guarantees that there won't be any massive snowfall or power outages today.

The school has a cool system where they can set up a call that goes out automatically to all the parents in the school. We have something similar at work that we use for disaster notifications, and it's pretty slick.

So in any event, I'm home, Mr. Hath is home which is irritating as hell great and Hathlet is home, practicing his recorder.  Yeah, Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star never sounded so awful good.

On the weather side, the snow has JUST started to fall.  About a dozen flakes or so.  Nevertheless, our town's plow and sanding trucks are ready to go, and will have the snow piled up in front of my driveway well under control for sure.

We're expecting 8-14" today (a mere dusting for Bostonians) so will be back to normal tomorrow.  All I know is I'm still in my flannel jammies, fuzzy slippers, and Grumpy robe, ponytail askew, and on my third hot chocolate of the day.  WAY better than schlepping into the office for 7am. 

Yep; way better.

Well, better get back to drooling over TD videos on YouTube work now.

~ Hath

4 comments:

Catte Sambora February 10, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Welcome to my Nightmare.... hope it doesn't scare you... doo doo doo doo.... AAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!
Want the snow to GO AWAY!

Enjoy your day with Mr. Hath and Hathlet!

Anonymous,  February 10, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Okay hunny I'm actually jealous.. I love the snow & we haven't gotten hardly any!!

enjoy your day :)

Anonymous,  February 10, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

I am freaking jealous too!-just a tiny bit so far-roads aren't even covered! No snow day for me! Love all the screen caps you have been doing of the old videos-I know Jon hates some of the older videos, but I still think they are cute!

Bonnie

Doris,  February 11, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

Hath here's hoping you have a great snow day - we get them quite a bit in WI so I feel your pain.

Enjoy,


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP