Friday, February 12, 2010

Best of Bon Jovi ~ Week of Feb 15 "In The Studio"


U.S. Syndicated radio show INTHESTUDIO will air a Best of Bon Jovi show to celebrate Bon Jovi's music and the start of 2010's The CIRCLE Tour. The new single "Superman Tonight" will also be featured.

Here's an excerpt:

REDBEARD: Jon, in a September 1989 interview, you told me that your politics and religion have to be kept private. When did you change your mind in that regard, and more importantly, why ?

JON BON JOVI: I really see myself as a concerned citizen (now), and a father of four and a husband, and certainly an ambassador of pop culture in this world. As I traveled near and far, to Africa, Asia, Europe, I've seen just from afar that people love America. They really love the culture. They love the music we have given them. They love the idea of the dreams that we have given them. And I'm sad to say that, in places where I went fifteen years ago and was greeted as that ambassador of culture, I would have second thoughts about going to. Not necessarily for fear of my own safety but perhaps for somebody on a road crew. And it's a shame, because I love this country immensely. And I don't get involved in politics as much as I do in philanthropy, because I'm a firm believer that 50% of the people are against you just because they believe you vote with a certain political party. I don't want to be the man at the party, I want to be the guy who makes a difference, that believes in the ideals of what this country was founded on. The more I read of Jefferson and Lincoln and Washington, and especially John Adams who was not as well known to me until recent years, that I realized that this is a magical place, a mystical place that is worth defending. Not the way it was represented by Bush and Cheney. And if that's going to cause me some pain, as it has, then so be it. I'm just reporting in as a concerned citizen.

RB: Are you saying that declaring your political beliefs threatens your career?


JBJ: Nothing like the Dixie Chicks not getting played on the radio. Even though I may not have agreed with the Bush administration, & didn't vote for them, I never slagged the man in office simply out of respect for the office of the Presidency of the United States. And for that reason alone, we as Americans have to forget about "red"(Republican) and "blue"(Democrat) and we all honest to God have to become "purple" and try to have compromises so that we as a nation can continue on and go forward, not only for us but for our kids. Regardless of my beliefs, I don't sit on my stage at night and talk politics. You come to see me perform. I don't use my platform as a place to talk politics. And yet there have been times, places, and people who have chastised people in my line of work for speaking out. I am one that believes that dissent is, in fact, patriotic, and we should question our leaders. Because if you don't, you're nothing more than a sycophant. Just because a person's in office doesn't mean he knows all the answers. This is still a democracy.

And you can listen to a brief excerpt on the site as well. Unfortunately, it's not playing in my area, and I didn't see a satellite radio listing.  If anyone gets their hands on this, I'd love to hear it!

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP