Monday, December 06, 2010

Oprah's "Down Under" Tour

Bono and Jon Bon Jovi will add extra star power to Oprah Winfrey's tour Down Under this week.

U2 lead singer Bono confirmed he will appear on Oprah's show from the Sydney Opera House, while Bon Jovi said he will appear at Oprah's Federation Square fiesta on Friday.

Oprah and 300 audience members from the US are due to arrive in Australia on Tuesday as part of the "Ultimate Australian Adventure Tour", which includes the filming of two Oprah shows at the Sydney Opera House on December 14.

In an exclusive interview with the Sunday Herald Sun ahead of his national tour, the star said he had no plans to hang up the microphone yet.

"You pace (a tour) and do it in a manner that doesn't take you too far from your home life, or (place) too much of a toll on your physical being," Bon Jovi, 48, said.

"If you have breaks between things, you can keep going.

"And if you go home for 10 days, believe me, nobody wants you home by day seven, eight and nine. They're ready for you to go back to work."

Bon Jovi will play sell-out shows at Rod Laver Arena and Etihad Stadium this week.

The band will celebrate the 30th anniversary of their breakthrough album, Slippery When Wet, in 2011.

In the interview Bon Jovi revealed he:

DOES not see the point of social networking sites.

PLANS to expand his Robin Hood restaurant chain.

HAS no plans to stop performing any time soon. But the frontman said the band would not tour forever like the Rolling Stones.

"Let me be clear about the Rolling Stones, they are our idols, they are our role models, they are our heroes," he said.

"I want to be the Rolling Stones in many ways. But when somebody asks if I'll be touring at age 66, I don't know if I can be out here, doing this, 20 years from now."

Bon Jovi is also unsure about Twitter: "It is a good way to get an immediate message out to your fan base via a website.

"But I don't have any desire to tell you what I'm having for lunch, or I'm in the car now, or on the boat, or on the plane.

"Still, you have to get the message out and the business has changed. You can't count on radio or music videos.

"Record companies are not what they once were. So social media may be the way to find the next Bob Dylan."

Bon Jovi is happy to talk about his Soul Foundation. One of its projects is a "Robin Hood" restaurant.

"If you don't have the money, you don't pay for your meal, you volunteer to come back and help," he said.

source

1 comments:

Johanne December 6, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

Well that is good news that he doesn't plan to retire anytime soon. I was so afraid that this was the last one even if it wasn't publicized as such. A part of me will die when they retire. GOD, I don't anticipate that day at all.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP