Friday, December 10, 2010

Let the Summer Hype Begin!

Though June is a LONG way off (and as I look at the 13 degree [F] temperature reading, I realize it's even LONGER off than I would like), Bristol's 106.5 JACK FM has this post:


The legendary rock band is stopping off at Ashton Gate next summer during their UK tour.
The band - fronted by Jon Bon Jovi - will be playing on Monday, June 27 at the home of Bristol City Football Club.

Managing Director at Ashton Gate, Doug Harman told us it's great to have them back after they first performed here two years ago: "The feed back we had is that they certainly enjoyed the concert here in 2008.

"Their UK plans for this coming year were for only four dates, one to Edinburgh, one to Manchester, one to Hyde Park and one to Dublin - clearly much bigger venues than Ashton Gate. We're delighted we've been able to shoe-horn another date in-between London and Dublin."

The band started out in 1983 and has sold around 120 million albums worldwide.

Doug added that a lot of hard work has gone in to secure the gig: "To actually get a band of their size and status to a stadium like Ashton Gate is amazing. We're very pleased with our selves!"

Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 9am. (venue time)
Though it was posted today, I'm not sure when the station talked to Mr. Harman -- there are more dates than he alludes to.  Visit  bonjovi.com/tour for the latest (official) tour information.  That being said, the June 27 date is not on the official website.  BUT, if the date just got "shoehorned in", and tickets are going on sale tomorrow, the date is probably good :)

~ Hath

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 10, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

Hmmmm Last time I checked Dublin is NOT in the UK!! This guy needs to get his geography sorted out!!
:)
Em xx

Jen,  December 10, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

This was just updated on their Facebook so I guess that means it's true!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP