Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Wanted Wednesday ~ Behind the Glory Days

Welcome to a new feature I'm adding, called "Wanted Wednesday".  In perusing my bootleg collection, I found I have more than 125 versions of this song, and thought I'd share them with you (one at a time lol).  Overplayed as some say it is, I love this song, and haven't yet heard a version I didn't like.

From week to week, depending on the version I select, I may have a little bit to say, or a whole lot.  Either way, if you don't want to read through it all, just go down to the bottom of the post where there's a mini player to hear the tune, and link for downloading.

OK.  Now, without further ado....

Please rise, for the singing of our national anthem...

Up for your enjoyment today, a track from a collection called "Behind the Glory Days"

For anyone who’s ever gone to a concert and been pissed when the band starts Wanted and the crowd comes in too early – well, you're going to be a little more forgiving from now on.  See, in the early days, Jon got confused too.

Recorded live at the "New Jersey" premiere on September 19, 1988 (as I started to settle in to my senior year in high school -- holy crap) this radio performance is one of my all-time favorites, and why I chose it to start this series off.

Once Jon comes in too early, he calls Richie on it (There you go, screw with me on national radio).  Richie’s maniacal laugh is just pure joy, and I’m considering this for a ring tone.

This track sounds like it was recorded when Jon was having some of his voice issues, or perhaps was coming down with a cold or allergy attack.  You can hear the scratchiness in his voice.

Aside from the fact that it is an acoustic cut and very raw, what I like most about this version is how it shows Jon’s ego. He’s a bit light in the vocals for the first verse; good, but not that strong. He has Richie trade lines with him for the second verse, and there the Wingman is in all his powerful growly goodness. When Jon comes back in for his lines, he’s doing the same bluesy growly thing. That had to totally hurt, but he wasn’t going to let Richie show him up.

The chemistry between the two is totally audible in this track, and I think you're going to like it.



You can download this track here.

~ Hath

6 comments:

rutpop September 1, 2010 at 7:33 AM  

Get along Little Doggie LOL. I love these types of unpolished things. Thanks Hath.

TaraLeigh September 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

Suuuuure. Kill me AGAIN with this one, hath? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK me. All that growly goodness, and you're right. The acoustic chem between them is magic.
Truly.

Anonymous,  September 1, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

OMG Hath..what a treat...you are right the chemistry between them in this version is amazing....and I love the fact that Richie had to help him out....and Richie sounded like magic.....I actually have tears in my eyes this was so touching this morning..thanks!!!

Anonymous,  September 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

OMG! I loved Richie's voice back then. He sounded sooooooooo HOT in this recording. I think i'm even more in love with him than i was before!

Jen,  September 1, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

Wow...epic. Jon does sound like he's struggling with his vocals, and that makes me love'em all the more. Thank you for posting!!!! Oh hump day, how I love thee...let me count the ways... :)

Michael S September 1, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

Wow, I had never heard this one. Awesome, thanks Hath.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP