Thursday, September 02, 2010

Bon Jovi = Wayne Newton?

I saw this article, and my immediate, visceral reaction was, "Really? Excited? I don't think so."

Then I re-read the article and saw it peppered with phrases like "reportedly" and "it is believed" which makes me think it's almost completely made up.

I mean, this band is in the midst of a HUGE world tour. Still raking in cash hand-over-fist in that space, why the heck would they want to trade in the RockStar image for Lounge Act? I just don't see it. BUT, hey, what do I know?

Bon Jovi have reportedly been offered a multi-million dollar residency by a top Las Vegas hotel.

The iconic American rock band, fronted by lead singer and namesake Jon Bon Jovi, comprises of guitarist Richie Sambora, keyboardist David Bryan, drummer Tico Torres and bassist Hugh McDonald.

It is believed the owners of an unnamed hotel in Las Vegas were so impressed by the band’s performances on their recent The Circle tour, they have offered them an impressive deal to be the establishment’s resident musical act.

There has been no official word from the band, although a source reportedly told the British newspaper The Mirror that Bon Jovi were “excited by the offer”.
So what do you think? Do you think that JonBon and crew are ready to give up the road, and uproot their families, move to Vegas, and become lounge singers?

~ Hath

5 comments:

Rike September 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

few years ago I would have say "no way, they never ever would do such a thing."
But now I'm not so sure. It started with the 10 shows at the Prudential Center and this year The O2 residency was not a disaster, I think. so why not Vegas??? I guess when the numbers of the paycheck are big enough they will do it.

But I have a little hope that they are continue to do what they are born for - play in stadiums and venues all over the world,

Unknown September 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

NEVER EVER!!! So is my hope - I hope they did not sell their identity for this bullshit - but who knows? But no, my guess is NEVER EVER!

blushnscarlet September 2, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Not only no, but hell no! Mainly because I can't see Jon living in the desert and tied to such a regimented schedule, can you?

Anonymous,  September 2, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

Considering that they quoted The Mirrir newspaper, I doubt that its true. Not much in that paper is ever what it seems at first.

If it was the same kind of thing as the O2 then I can imagine that they would be tempted to do it though.

Anonymous,  September 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

No way, no way, no way... did I say no way yet :)
I don't see them doing this EVER!!! Jon would quit before he did this.

ks


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP