Thursday, September 02, 2010

MLB Drops Jovi, Picks Up Rock

From 'Duk on sports.yahoo.com:

The good news? Bon Jovi's two-year reign as the playoff song you love to hate is over.
The bad? TBS is replacing those vanilla ditties with Kid Rock's "Born Free" this fall.

Now, don't get me wrong. I completely admire Mr. Kid for the way he realized that his early rap-rock career had a Durst-like shelf life before transforming himself into a record-selling prince of the proletariat by draping his body and average musical skills in the flag. He's become Jimmy Buffett for those who still wear jorts, but still seems like a smart guy who I'd like to have a beer with (which, I suppose, is his exact intent).

And while I plead guilty to having owned one of his CDs during college, my problem is that his voice is completely shot and resembles the wail of a dizzy alley dog. You think you're going to get sick of Conan commercials? Wait until you're hit with Kid Rock doing his poor man's Seger 86 times during a 4-1/2 hour New York Yankees playoff game.

At any rate, go watch the new video/promo to get a head start on burning the tune into your head. It starts with a shot of PNC Park (you know, because plenty of postseason baseball will be played there) and has plenty of Chip Caray clips sprinkled in (though sadly no samples of "fisted").
Mr. Hath will be happy.  He likes baseball, Jovi?  Not so much.

~ Hath

2 comments:

Anonymous,  September 2, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

Thanks for the info Hath. I for one don't like it. His voice is horrible. I'd rather listen to Bon Jovi a million times over :)
I thought for sure MLB would pick This is our house for this years song. Oh well hopefully the NFL will pick it up :)

ks

JBJBounce September 4, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

I happen to love baseball. LOVE IT! And with the Tampa Bay RAYS right there in the hunt, with the second best record in all of baseball (they've been first or second all season), I expect I'm going to be watching a whole lot of post-season baseball. As for Kid Rock's song, I'll be groaning long before the post season is nearly finished.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP