Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catching Up

I've been off-grid for several days, and have missed posting on lots of happenings around Jovidom.  I'll catch up, don't worry :) but I needed these days for family time.

This past Friday, we lost one of my son's great-grandmothers, my grandmother-in-law.  This was his first loss of someone he knew and loved, and it was extremely hard on him.  My little guy is incredibly sensitive and intuitive, and the sheer sense of loss was a bit overwhelming for him.

He was a trouper at the funeral home; going up to the casket with Mr. Hath and me to say a prayer, and was stoic throughout.  When it came time, though, for the service, and his grandfather made a very touching speech, ending in tears, he started to get sad as he figured out what "dead" really truly means.

When he saw his father crying, that's when he lost it.

The services were yesterday (Monday) and we spent today traveling back home.  Everyone's settled in now, and for the most part, have gotten through the majority of the grieving.  He still has a few moments of sadness, especially as our current bedtime-reading selections were gifts from Grammy's personal library gifted to Hathlet this past Christmas, and she had read these with him over the years.  But, for every sad moment he has, we remind him of a happy memory, and he's learning how to process the sadness.

Over the next couple days, I'll be catching up, as I'm off work for "bereavement leave" to attend to Hathlet's and Mr. Hath's needs, and they're "mostly through it" now (Hathlet's words, not mine).

I just ask you to be patient, and to visit the BJCT if you need a little dose of Jovi.  I'll catch up with a deluge of posts soon.

I'll also be sharing more of my "Panic" story, as many of you have emailed and asked for an update (thank you so much for caring), but for now, I need to get a bit of sleep.  It's been a rough buncha days around Casa de Hath.

Thanks for understanding,
Hath

5 comments:

Anonymous,  June 22, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your whole family.

It sounds as tho you have everything so wonderfully handled, but should you find you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

-Stas

Anonymous,  June 23, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

My deepest sympathy to you & your family Hath. Special hugs for your little man. There are no words to make it better. Take all the time you need. Your friends will certainly understand. ((Hugs)) Sterling

lifetimejovifan June 23, 2010 at 1:46 AM  

J~

Hugs to the Hathlet and to you, grieving is almost a living thing...it can strike you at the most inopportune moments. ((HUGS)) from TX! And ya'll take your time with the process we'll all still be here for you when u get back!

<3
L~

Anonymous,  June 23, 2010 at 3:16 AM  

Hath - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers. She lives on everyday in each of you. Cherish the memories & carry them with. She is never far from your heart or your thoughts.

Take good care of yourself. Again, my condolences to you all.

Peg

Vicki (bonjerseygirl),  June 23, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

no words could describe what you and your family must be feeling. Much love and hugs to you Hath. Take all the time you need to get through this, we understand. In my prayers and thoughts.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP