Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust

From Page Six:

PARTING is such sweet sorrow for Jon Bon Jovi and his longtime manager, Jack Rovner, who was fired this week after a number of snafus.

While no one will say anything unkind on the record, Rovner was seen around town crying in his beer because Jon told him, "I'm going in a different direction."

Rovner and his Vector Management were blamed for problems with the $1,000 VIP concert tickets sold in larger markets on the band's tour for their latest album, "The Circle." The VIP tickets were supposedto include a meet-and-greet with Bon Jovi and even a photo with the rock icon. But fans have been complaining they were never granted the promised access.

Rovner was also responsible for Jon doing an "artist in residence" stint at NBC, which blocked the band from promoting the album on other networks, and for the Showtime documentary "When We Were Beautiful," in which "Jon makes the rest of the band admit they are paid employees and owe everything to him," as one insider put it.

"Rovner recently sent his lawyer, Michael Guido, to ask Jon for a raise and was told he was lucky to have a job," said our source.

Bon Jovi e-mailed us: "Though I personally live for and love Page Six, I'm sorry to say that the tidbit you have received regarding the split between Vector Management and Bon Jovi is inaccurate. The boring truth is we decided to go in different directions and thanked both Jack and his team for a great job. He is and will remain a close friend and someone who I will be very grateful to for his dedication."

A spokeswoman for Vector Management said: "Jack and everyone at Vector are very proud of the work they did [with Bon Jovi] together over the last five years, including their first Grammy awards, first No. 1 chart debuts globally, and even a No. 1 on the country charts. Vector continues to represent the nation's top-selling acts, including Kings of Leon, Kid Rock, Dierks Bentley and many others."

8 comments:

Roman’s Girl June 20, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

I must say that this is a little nuts. I think Jon did the right thing. Hugs.

alicefayenjbj June 20, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

You know Jon always said they never show their dirty laundry to the world, you have to wonder how much of the original article is true and how much is crap. I know someone who got the VIP package and wishes she hadn't it was...(in her words) the worst experience she has ever had in fact she left before encore due to the problems with 1 the rude way they were treated in the backstage tour, 2 the dinner, 3 having her seat moved after she was seated by the fan club then moved in with non fan club people but with Ticketmaster people who and last of all not least 4. stole her autographed program.

But then again Jon does clean house a lot. Wonder if he has a new tech after the problems he had at one show?

TaraLeigh June 20, 2010 at 11:32 AM  

Whew! Jon does hate that dirty laundry being out in the public. Unfortunately we'll never know what was truth and what was sensationalized. I have a feeling that Jon is a VERY hard taskmaster and if you don't live up to his high expectations, you do NOT stick around long.

*sigh*

Here's to some new and better management, because they REALLY need it.

Becky June 20, 2010 at 6:03 PM  

I read this on my Google alerts this morning, but I thought it was total bull (I thought the publication was like a National Enquirer, or am I mistaken?)

Nayeli June 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Does anyone know where I can send my resume I'd love to be the manager, I promise to treat Jon, the Band and all of Jovi Nation right :)

Rike June 20, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

til a few days before you couldn't get tix for a O2 show cheaper at the day of the show. and now they sold pit tix for 100 Pounds in the week and 200 at the weekends. and you can get other cheap tix at the box office on the day of the show. this was impossible before, friends tried it several times. They rather leave the seats empty and now the arena is really sold out

Mellbabe,  June 21, 2010 at 6:20 AM  

It was about time for this step. To much bad press and I think to much went wrong.

And I was wondering, why we were able to go to the box office in London and get six tickets for the show on Thursday, June 10th, face value on the first row of seats in the lower tear for 65 pounds each.
I am hoping that everything will get better for the future.

JBJBounce June 22, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Unfortunately, this happened a year after it should have IMO. From the WWWB movie forward. I don't know what changed at that point, but I do know because of it they lost quite a number of fans, both diehards and casual. Personally, I know of a number of diehards that have turned away because of what's been going on the last couple tours. The Circle tour especially. Hope it fixes it.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP