Wednesday, June 23, 2010

70 Unique Songs?

Bon Jovi have revealed that they aim to play seventy unique songs during their residency at London's O2 Arena.

The US band are currently in the middle of their 13-night run at the venue, and have already played 54 different songs.

Singer Jon Bon Jovi said that he had been inspired by bakers to continually change the band's set list.

"Would you buy yesterday's bread from a baker? These set lists are all made fresh,” he said. “Delivered every night at 7:30...the delivery men wait outside my door, patiently for its arrival.”

Bon Jovi's run at the O2 Arena concludes with performances on June 23, 25 and 26.

source

They're well on their way, though there are a few other different ways you can look at it.  First, look at the Jovi way.

[1] The Jovi way

It actually looks like the Jovi machine is counting them "properly" and leaving out the cover tunes.  As it should be.  Giving unique band/solo catalog tunes their due.  Yes, 54 of 70 in the bag.


[2] By The Setlists


If you look at the set-lists as published by bonjovi.com, and count up all the uniqueness, including the different flavors of bad Medicine (5 different Jukebox inserts), you, dear Londoners have gotten 62 of the requisite 70.

[3] By The  Band's Catalog


Then there's the purists.  The ones who say "the Juke and covers are nice, and yeah, we got a JB solo tune, but the BAND catalog -- what about that?"  OK, so weed out the Jukebox selections.  Take out the cover tunes.  Banish JB's solo tracks to the ether.  What does that leave you?  53 songs of the 70.

[4] The Literalist

Finally, look at it literally.  Any song sung counts as a unique song, right?  Technically speaking?  So taking into account each Jukebox selection.  Each band/solo catalog entry.  Each cover.  You've got 65 of 70.  Real close, but no banana; not yet.


So, looks like if Jon plans to deliver, he's got to give you another 5-17 unique songs over the final three shows.  Though, in JoviMath, it's only 16 tunes.  Whatever the number, you can bet I'll be counting!


~ Hath

PS: Want to know what the 54 are?


(You Want To) Make a Memory
Always
Bad Medicine
Bed of Roses
Blood Money
Blood on Blood
Born to Be My Baby
Captain Crash and the Beauty Queen from Mars
Diamond Ring
Dry County
Garageland
Happy Now
Have a Nice Day
Hey God
Homebound Train
I Love This Town
I'd Die For You
I'll Be There For You
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
In These Arms
It's My Life
Just Older
Keep the Faith
Last Man Standing
Lay Your Hands on Me
Let It Rock
Livin' on a Prayer
Living in Sin
Lost Highway
Love for Sale
Love's the Only Rule
Miss Fourth of July
Never Say Goodbye
Open All Night
Raise Your Hands
Runaway
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
Something for the Pain
Something To Believe In
Summertime
Superman Tonight
The Radio Saved My Life Tonight
These Days
Thorn In My Side
Wanted Dead or Alive
We Got It Going On
We Weren't Born to Follow
When We Were Beautiful
Who Says You Can't Go Home
Whole Lot of Leavin'
Wild In the Streets
Wild Is the Wind
Work for the Working Man
You Give Love a Bad Name

The 9 others (the cover/Juke tunes)


Bad Case of Loving You
Chapel of Love
Hallelujah
Hot Legs
Mama's Got a Squeezebox
Paint it Black
Pretty Woman
Roadhouse Blues
Sympathy for the Devil

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP