Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Jovi Jewels

Back in February, I spent a lovely almost-week in Jersey with some of my dear friends. It was the very first Fictionista Weekend, and many of you (almost 50 of you) joined us at Chickie and Pete's to celebrate the Sisterhood of the Brotherhood.

During that weekend, one of the places we went was this cool bead place, where we made jewelry. I've been dabbling ever since :)

My latest bits of dangly goodness are all Jovi related, and I call them my JoviJewels.

This bracelet was inspired by Becky Mahan's unofficial line of merchandise. Look at the logo over there on the right. NO, down more. That's the one.

JONTICODAVIDRICIHE

It's so simple, it's awesome, and I had to take it for my very own. The beads are silver-toned with gold-toned JOVI letters, spaced by large black seed beads.

Photobucket Photobucket

This bracelet I've been wanting to do for a while. It has sterling silver charms, separated by gray cat's eye beads. A music note, piano, guitar, drum kit, and wireless mic (yeah it looks like a pencil, but it isn't). It's wicked heavy, so I had to go with the lobster claw clasp rather than the magnetic that I prefer.

Photobucket


Now the earrings. I have a weakness for large, funky earrings. I grew up in the 80's. Large, funky earings, leg warmers, Jordache bags, big hair, and Swatch watches. Don'tcha wish you knew me then? I kept my love of the big gaudy earrings, axed the rest of it. But I digress...

I made a couple of sets of earrings celebrating my favorite Wingman. With the first set, you'll probably recognize the phrases. If not, take a look at his arms :) The second is for the nickname he's probably sick of hearing, but I just love...

Photobucket Photobucket


These are the "lyric mix and match" sets. I chose my favorite lyric "Holding on to never say goodbye" and made a pair of danglies out of it. Then I took the four sweetest names and made a companion piece. You can mix and match to your heart's content.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I kinda like the sentiment of that last pairing :)

~ Hath

4 comments:

Renee September 23, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

Sweet! So cute! I'm inspired to try something now from my bead stash!

Bayaderra September 23, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

I have to say Hath, when I saw the title of your post...my mind went straight to the gutter! Very deep into the gutter! But after seeing the pics, I got some ideas on what to do with my daughter's bead kits that she still has in her closet...untouched for the last 5 years or so... Hmmm, now where can I buy those neat silver charms?

Renee September 24, 2009 at 6:50 AM  

I've got two recommendations for buying charms. Oriental trading co. and Fire Mountain Jewels1

alicefayenjbj September 26, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

I have tried making the cell phone charms but my hands just won't let me. But you never know what some of my jovi sisters might get for christmas this year.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP