Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I've been invited to review Memphis...

Remember when I talked about this:

Sabine, aka MrsDavidSambora tweeted my blog :)

@MemphisBroadway asked the question: Bon Jovi fans -- what are your favorite Bon Jovi fansites?

The lovely Sabine told them ME.
I know why they wanted to know. It would appear that the promoters of Memphis are reaching out to the Bon Jovi community to garner interest for the show. I just received a lovely email from someone at SpotCo that reads (in part):

Hello,

I am inviting you to attend a performance of MEMPHIS, a thrilling theatrical event that combines Broadway splendor with the roots of rock 'n' roll. MEMPHIS features an original story by Joe DiPietro (I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change) and a brand-new score with music by Bon Jovi founding member David Bryan. Directing is Tony® nominee Christopher Ashley (Xanadu) and choreography is by Sergio Trujillo (Jersey Boys). The cast features Chad Kimball, Montego Glover, Derrick Baskin, J. Bernard Calloway, James Monroe Iglehart, Tony nominee Michael McGrath and Cass Morgan.

If you are interested in attending the show, please respond with your full name, the # of tickets you're requesting (up to 2), and 3 dates you're available to see the show. We will then put you on a press list for one of your chosen performances.
I am beyond shocked and completly, unashamedly flattered by this invitation. I am also unbelievably sad. I cannot make any of the dates that they have tickets for (they're all in the next 10 days).

This preview period would be the perfect opportunity to not only see what promises to be an amazing show, but also to meet one or more of the guys (I'd have a flipping PRESS pass for crying out loud). Oh sweet HELL I'm so disappointed. This is Karma coming back to bite me. If Mr Hath knew about Hath, I could probably get to the show next Friday night.

Thanks to everyone who told @MemphisBroadway that I had one of your favorite Bon Jovi websites. I'm truly humbled by your praise.

Unless this is all an elaborate hoax, and I've just been punk'd, in which case, consider yourself smote :)

But still, my devoted, either way, I beseech you, please visit http://www.memphisthemusical.com to find out more about the show.

If you went to Toxie just because of David's name, you've got to do the same for this show. From everything I've seen and heard so far, this is going to be fantastic.

I will get to see it (at some point) just not in the timeframe SpotCo needs for a review.

I can't stop smiling.

~ Hath

6 comments:

Judith September 22, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

You´re kidding right? On a press list??
Hell woman, maybe you should try to make it possible to go! Maybe you´ll get the chance to have an exclusive interview with the curly boy ^^
Or just send Elena, she´ll do it in a heartbeat :P
Why should it be a hoax? It thought it was on the memphis blog?
However, I wish I had a chance to go, unfortunately my private plane is not available ;)
If I´d be you, I would smile to :P
Awesome blog girl, keep on rockin´:)

Sabine September 22, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Oh, sad that you cant make it

Don't be tooo sad about it: Owning Press-passes, doesn't automatically make it possible for you to meet the guys.

I'm writing for a magazine and so I'm having tickets like that on a regulary basis, but mostly (85%) they are nothing more than a normal ticket for free.

Big Apple Jen September 22, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

I'm doing a review on my blog after tomorrow's opening as I always do when I attend an event. I am not anybody's "favorite" but I'll be writing it anyway. ;-)

Anonymous,  September 22, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

OMG No you have to go - isnt there anyway? Say you won an online lottery or something. Hell say I/someone got promo tkts they couldnt use and gave them to you for free. Opportunities like this dont come around every day, there's got to be a way to make it happen.
Good Luck.
Chris

Anonymous,  September 22, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

I'm seeing it on October 4 when I'm in the area for the Bruce shows at Giants Stadium. I can't wait!

I'm sorry you can't work out a way to see the show and do the review. :-(

Bayaderra September 22, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

"Or just send Elena, she´ll do it in a heartbeat :P"

Uhmmm, thanx Judith for the vote of confidence! Lets see, a free ticket to see the show(again) and a press pass with a chance to interview "the creative team"....Hell YEAH!!!!
Hath, can you please FedEx the invite and the pass!!!! I'll take it from there... O David, the Curly G-d of my dreams...ready or not...here I cum! ;)


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP