Friday, December 12, 2008

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down...

So, here I am, enjoying the start of the second 24-hour block of rain scheduled for the Boston area. I was on the 6:04 AM train, that just got in now (at 9:00), where I had to stand the whole time, and got stepped on at least four times by the hulk next to me. At least he was pretty to look at, and when he said "sorry, ma'am," I wanted to melt in a little puddle, but was afraid I'd mix in with the inch of rain water on the floor and never be quite the same again.

He made the trip not so un-enjoyable. That and we had lights and heat. There were two trains hitched together. The first was dark and cold, and when I peeked in the windows, there were no smiles – not even fake ones. We walked about ½ mile down the platform to the next train, where there was heat and there were lights, but only a couple smiles. We shoe-horned ourselves in, and set off on a 12MPH journey that took about four times longer than it needed to. Sigh. I haven’t even had my caffeine of the day yet. Woe to the people who have to face me in my first meeting, which is in about 9 minutes.

Aside from Mr. Beautiful on the train, just about the only other good thing about the trip was I was able to read about 200 pages of my copy of Twilight (the first book) that I picked up on my way home last night.

Now, I have to share something with you, and I only do it because you’ve followed me down some pretty windy roads already. And I already know you're gonna think I'm crazy. In fact, for those of you who already know me personally, well, you're gonna think I'm crazier, if that's even possible.

BUT, I’m going to tell you anyway.

I have NOT seen the Twilight movie yet. No, that’s not the crazy part. If you haven’t either, and are reading or have read the book......having no preconceptions about what Edward looks like.... well don’t you picture JBJ as the lead?

Call it Terri's influence (I re-read DLS this week), call it the fact I woke up with Jon's crooked smile and honeyed voice on my mind, call it the result of two weeks without sex, but there it is.

I mean look at the descriptions. Edward is gorgeous. His face is so beautiful that it distracts Bella from the powerful, sculpted perfection of his chest. He has eyes that change colors depending on his mood, and just a word, a look, can dazzle you. His voice mesmerizes.... look, I'm working myself up here, but you get the point.

I may never see the movie just so I can continue to picture Edward as Jon.

I also may never see the sun again.

Sigh.

~ Hath

3 comments:

Queenie December 12, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

Hath, I'm almost done with the fourth installment in that series and before I saw the movie I could totally see Jon as Edward. But the young man that does play the part, Rob Pattinson, well he's not so hard on the eyes.

I can see why my sister is totally addicted to these books. She's read them all more than once!

Anonymous,  December 12, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

Hath, that's EXACTLY what I pictured the ENTIRE time I was reading those books! (Of course, at some point in one of the books I think the author describes Edward as "tall", but I figured "taller than me" was an adequate substitute :)

~wildflowerlily

joviswillow December 12, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Well now I have to go read the books... YUM!!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP