Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I Heart Anthony Kuzminski

He is always insightful, and his articles are consistently objective and very well written. Today's is no exception. He takes a swing at the latest Fan Club offering....

I gotta say, the man makes good points, and I for one am glad I didn't shell out the $50 for the membership.

My favorite excerpt from the article, titled "Bon Jovi Fan Club Proves Itself To Be Morally Bankrupt". I hope Mr. Kuzminski doesn't mind...

I find it morally incomprehensible in light of the recent economic turmoil that anyone would have the gall to charge this much for a concert, even if it is only for fan club members. However, the events that led up to and after this announcement is flat out jarring, so let’s break them down:

1. A Fan Club only concert is semi-announced in October in an effort to increase membership.

2. Tactic number-one fails and Matt B extends board memberships one month (which costs him nothing).

3. A concert is announced for February 23rd, but few other details are given.

4. Tickets are priced at $275, plus the $50 membership fee (Total cost to fan club member=$325).

5. Due to constant complaining on the boards the price is lowered to $250 and with a tag line of “some of the proceeds” going to Jon Bon Jovi’s Soul Foundation. Total cost to the fan is still $300.

6. Another modification is added that each member can buy two tickets, instead of one per member (much to the chagrin of certain members who bought two memberships in the weeks leading up to this announcement).

7. How much money is going to charity? $1 or $100, no specifics have been provided to fans leaving many wondering is Matt will still pocket the majority of the proceeds.

8. On Friday December 5th, it is announced that Bon Jovi, the band, will NOT be appearing at the event.

9. Tickets go on sale on Saturday December 6th to little fanfare and there is still no venue announcement. All that has been provided to members is that it will take place somewhere in “Central New Jersey”

10. Emails go out to old members informing them that tickets are still available as of Tuesday December 9th with still no mention of the venue.

A year ago these tickets would have been long gone even in a depressed economy. So what the hell happened?



What the hell, indeed....

Read the full article here.

~ Hath

5 comments:

In These Arms December 9, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

Great article. I'm amazed the FC has sunk to the depths it has without anyone doing anything to fix it. I've never been a member and probably never will be, because of the things I've read. I've liked BJ since they started, but with one thing and another never got to a show in their earlier years, and now ticket prices have put it out far out of my reach.

Big Apple Jen December 9, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

Now, all this being said ... what do we think is gonna change? I wish it would, but in my heart of hearts I know it won't.

Some days, I'm okay with it - its my choice to spend my money the way I want. Other days, I get angry (and actually sad) because it is just so contrary to what I thought Jon and the band were all about. Is this REALLY how they want to be - and especially to the fans that have kept them in the marketplace for so long?

The problem is - when I DO go to a show, I enjoy myself so completely that I forget all the pain and disappointment I endured on the road to get there.

I don't like to feel like a fool ... and sometimes, loving and supporting this band, that's exactly how I feel.

But, its hard to give up a habit you've had for 20 years ... in other words - Bon Jovi, "(Its Hard) Letting You Go."

Joviswoman December 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM  

I'm with Hath I've never joined the FC, I don't really see the point!

And now with these STUPID prices, well, someone needs to give them a reality check, DAMN FAST!

Judith December 10, 2008 at 5:14 AM  

100 % agreement! To all what is said and about the article.....
I´ve never been in the FC. Why should I? I always get good seats in Germany and to fly in for a special concert, well, out of my league...
I´m glad that the tickets in Germany are not that expensive. I don´t get it why they cost so much more in the US. I would have had never good seats.
I love the guys, but it´s about time they think about their statement, we are just normal guys, cause that doesn´t fit with it.
I think they are all rich enough....

Sunstreaked December 12, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

Dammit, I want these guys to be BETTER than this! Don't diminish my enjoyment of your music and make me less of a fan by being LESS.

Grrr...fix this Jon!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP