Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rock of Ages

From Variety

By MICHAEL FLEMING

New Line has won an auction for screen rights to "Rock of Ages," a stage musical that does with '80s rock anthems what "Mamma Mia!" did with Abba tunes.

Chris D'Arienzo, who wrote the book for the Off Broadway tuner, will write the screenplay and direct the film.

The storyline takes place at a Sunset Strip rock club called Rock of Ages, where a man and woman fall in love but get torn apart by the rock lifestyle.

The show is propelled by signature '80s rock anthems popularized by Journey, Twisted Sister, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, Bon Jovi and REO Speedwagon.

Link to the full article.

~ Hath

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 10, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Hey I went and saw this show about 2 weeks ago and it's AWESOME~!!! the music is fantastic and the story line is fun - the actors did a wonderful job and Constantine Moroulis was excellent. So much fun and of course hearing Wanted just pushed it over the top. If you have the chance to check it out you wont be disappointed.
Chris/rutpop

joviswillow December 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

I have plans to see this show sometime in the next several months. I hear it's really good!!


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP