Friday, December 12, 2008

Meet Butch Walker

Bon Jovi Fans Looking For An Alternative, I'd Like To Introduce You To Butch Walker

Anthony Kuzminski has a new artist to check out.

He starts his article with:

To say my inbox is exploding is like saying the Governor of Illinois has a "few" issues. I'll address all of the emails and comments to my Bon Jovi article at a later date, but many people are asking me if there are any other bands or musicians I could recommend to them in lieu of their dissatisfaction and mistreatment from other acts.

God, I could recommend thousands; the brave southern rock stylings of Will Hoge, then there's the spiritual reggae-pop-rock of Michael Franti...but if I had to pick one artist that I think Bon Jovi fans would fall head over heels for, it would be Butch Walker.

Let's just say, I'm intrigued, and will be hitting iTunes (or Amazon, depending on what iTunes has to [not] offer...) when I get home.

I am NOT however abandoning the Jovi Machine. I mean, just because some of the fan club's practices suck doesn't mean the music does. I am totally in love with all the Jovi sounds (including TLFR, which I adore while most of my friends abhor), and am not looking to give that up. I am, however, always on the listen for something fun and new, and though Butch isn't a new artist, he's new to me.

Thanks, Anthony, I'll go check him out.

~ Hath

3 comments:

The Goddess Hathor December 13, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

I downloaded "Sycamore Meadows" and fell in love with the first song (The Weight of Her). It has a great melody, and his voice is a little pop-ish, but it's good. His lyrics are a bit harsh :) but that doesn't bother me. He's listed under "Alternative" in iTunes... doesn't matter to me.

"Ships in a Bottle", one of the singles off the record, got under my skin...

and i don't wanna know if there's another part of me
don't wanna feel if i'm alive
don't wanna smell the bed where you used to sleep
i'm gonna miss it again miss it again
just wanna walk away from the ashes
and take the fact that i got burned
and baby let you know i'm still standing
if you miss it again miss it again
i'm around


I've got to give the rest of the album a listen, but so far, so good!

~ Hath

Anonymous,  December 13, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

I'll have to give itunes a perusal. Thanks for the pass-along.
And I'd also like to say 'AMEN' to the 'not giving up on Jovi' message too. Tho I was an idiot and gave little brother's club one more chance, and $50 I'm already regretting, it's Big Brother and his fellows that I love and will always love.
PS: I am with you as well on loving TLFR. I do not and never will understand the negative reaction some have to that music.
-Stas


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP