Tuesday, July 13, 2010

About that rest, Jon...

Jon posted an update on his torn calf muscle on Facebook yesterday (it took all my control NOT to correct the capitalization errors lol)

my friend said ..old guys still rock..in chairs.

that hurt. i tore the calf on the left side at the 2:45 mark of NMS stadium show 4. I was just about to go into an endless encore when i popped the calf.

thanks to all the medical team both at the NMS and Riverview Hospital who have done everything to put Humpty Dumpty back together aga...in. Tonight Cleveland ...see you soon jbj
Of course, the first thing I latched on to was "endless encore".  Would LOVE to know what was planned.

Then I thought about JonBon's leg for a moment.  Now, being a veteran of several leg injuries, I know the number one thing the doctors tell you is rest and elevation at first, then ease back into activity.  But since I've never suffered a torn calf muscle, and my medical training is limited to what I gleaned from watching every single episode of E.R., I needed to do a little research on treatment.

Immediate treatment is RICE (rest, ice, compression and elevation) for the first 48 hours. Elevation of the leg prevents swelling. A firm elastic bandage applied from the toes to below the knee, or an adhesive strapping over the calf is helpful in giving support. Resting the leg is important.
I had to stop there and chuckle.  Can you imagine the stink-eye Mr. JonBon would give the doctor who suggested rest?  
Follow-up treatment includes easing into activity, start with walking, after 48 hours of rest.  Use the leg as normally as possible, as pain allows, but limit your activity for 3 - 4 weeks.  
Yeah, sure.  Limited activity.  Though the last couple of shows, Jon has been taking it easy -- not in terms of quality of course, but with the staying still.  It must be KILLING him not to be all over the stage.

The newspapers here in Boston are all running little blurbs about how the show at Gillette is still on, telling us not to worry, that the Jovi Tsunami will be hitting us soon.  I can't help but wonder what the show will be like. I mean I'm sure it will be great, this IS Bon Jovi after all...  Well soon enough it'll be August -- what's always been (and I assume still is) reserved for family time. Hopefully by then he's mostly mended, but I'm sure the month off will do him a world of good!

In any event, my E.R education has clearly paid off.  Can I have my diploma now?  You may call me Dr. Hath :)

~ Hath






5 comments:

Anonymous,  July 13, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

Dr. Hath? Isn't that a step down from Goddess? LOL!

No way is that man going to stop. His 'slowing down' is probably the equivalent of what most people do normally. Can you say 'over-achiever'? :)

-Stas

Unknown July 13, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

We are told its a torn calf, but did Jon tear his Achilles? If so thats 6 weeks of staying off it completely, which we know will never happen. I am sure the doctors are giving him something so he can perform.

Catte Sambora July 13, 2010 at 11:14 AM  

He talks very specifically about the injury in his interview with WPLJ this morning... "Hamstring? Nope. Achilles? Nope." But he did say it hurt worse than anything he's experienced.

Of course, he's a man. He's never been thru childbirth. Wimp.

(Just Kidding. Mostly.) :P

alicefayenjbj July 13, 2010 at 12:13 PM  

After having Orthoscopic on my right knee then three years later having it totally replaced...I felt his pain. poor baby...My friend who was at Saratoga was shocked to see a stool by the mic...did he sit on it at all?

Judith July 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Poor Jon, but hey, Campino the lead singer of the german punk band"Die Toten Hosen" played at Rock am Ring 2008 with a broken leg.
He even jumped in the crowd LOL
His doctor suggested to rest it and forget about the concert, but well, he's just as crazy as our dear Jon LOL

He had a cast around his leg.
Maybe that would work for Jon too?

Here are the pics from the concert, truly crazy indeed LOL

http://www.rp-online.de/kultur/musik/So-rockt-Campino-mit-Gipsbein_bid_34380.html

Hopefully whatever treatment he gets, it will work.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP