Friday, November 19, 2010

Sambora's Amazon Playlist

Thanks to J for sending me this.  Apparently Richie's been asked for his input for an Amazon play list.  (This is different from the iTunes Celebrity Playlist Podcast thing that was done).

Here are Richie's picks and his reasons why.

"Bell Bottom Blues," Derek & The Dominos: More than anything else, it was my discovery of Eric Clapton that made me want to learn the guitar. It was life-changing. It's quite possible Eric Clapton really is God.

"Scuttle Buttin'," Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble: Phenomenal guitarist, a real master of the blues... but a career and life cut way too short. It's heartbreaking to imagine the music he'd be making if he was still with us.

"All Along the Watchtower," Jimi Hendrix: I remain such a huge fan of Jimi Hendrix. He changed the game for guitar players. Plus, covering a Bob Dylan classic. The playing and the singing is so emotive.

"The World," Brad Paisley: Brad's a massive star in the country world but people who don't think they like country music are missing out on one of the greatest players of a generation. He's a phenomenal guitarist, puts on a really fun live show, and has a real good sense of humor making ingenious videos.

"Glitter In The Air," P!nk: I've love P!nk, whether she's showing the hard or softer version. She's got a killer voice and is great live. The raw emotion of these vocals moves me, and her performance on the Grammy's was pure magic. She's so, so, so the real deal.

"Purple Rain," Prince: Prince is a genius, period. He can play every instrument -- he's a guitar virtuoso. He mashes us rock 'n' roll, blues, funk, pop, gospel, Motown, and dance music like a mad scientist and invents phenomenal stuff. Purple Rain catapulted him into superstardom but the song holds up and remains a favorite.

"Best of You," Foo Fighters: Again and again and again, Dave Grohl and the band keep churning out great records full of energy and passion. Rock 'n' roll ain't dead at all.

"Manhattan," Kings of Leon: I love that these guys stuck to their own sound until they were a huge success overseas, and then finally snowballed organically into a worldwide phenomenon. Caleb Followill's voice floors me every time.

"I'd Rather Go Blind," Etta James: I've been listening to a ton of Etta James lately. Sometimes you're just in an Etta James kind of mood. Her voice, her timing... this song just captures the emotion and the era.

"I'll Be Your Water," Keb Mo': One man and an acoustic guitar; poignant, simple lyrics about devotion and loyalty. Keb Mo' is the classic singer/songwriter wrapped up in the blues. I dig his stuff a lot.
Click here to purchase any or all of these songs.

~ Hath

1 comments:

Anonymous,  November 19, 2010 at 2:09 PM  

I love this. I can totally see Richie sitting there saying these things. When I was reading it, I totally heard his voice and saw his face as if he were right in front of me.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP