Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wanted Wednesday ~ Buffalo, July 31, 1993

Please rise, for the singing of our national anthem...

Yes, yes, it's Wednesday again, and THIS time you're getting a full-band track.

This version has one of my absolute favorite intros. Not just because it's over 4 minutes long (which makes my Richie-girl heart go thumpety-thump) but becasue it's just so beautiful. The music -- even if it wasn't the start of Wanted -- is amazing. So clear. So precise. Perfection.

The intro bars to the song are slow and unhurried, easing you quite nicely through the transition of Richie to band.  By the time Jon comes in, asking if the crowd knows the words to this one, you're ready to sing along.  He lets the band sing a little, then takes command of the mic, as he should.

I need to interject here, my favorite, most gut-clenching part of the song, any live version, is right when Richie switches from acoustic to electric, and gives a mighty "Let's Ride!" before his solo.

Good GRAVY that's some heady stuff.  The solo in this version is (as always) powerful and guitargasmic, and really, the only thing missing is the double-wing the guys started doing in recent years, with their raised guitars at the end of the tune.

If you love the song, and admire/love/respect the guitar work of Mr. Sambora, you will HAVE to have this version on your MP3 player.



You can download this track here.

~ Hath

What's even better, thanks to Ms. TaraLeigh (thanks, babe!) you can watch it in all its glory below.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  September 22, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

Hath, I love your blog anyway, but with your wanted-series I hardly can't wait for wednesday! It's like "look what she's got I'm probably not knowing so far". Thanks for your afford!

Jovifun


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP