Thursday, April 08, 2010

Protect Your Videos

A good friend of mine has had her YouTube videos "stolen" and reposted by others (at least two others), and was informed that her videos were part of a DVD that's going around in Brazil.  I make the assumption that the DVD was "for sale" and not just copied and traded amongst friends, but I do not know for certain.

What I do know is that, like high quality photos, watermarking your videos no longer sounds like a bad idea.

There are lots of products out there, though most of the ones I found, you have to pay for.

VidLogo
Do you want to add Your or your Company Logo to any video? Use VidLogo to modify video files and add logos and video watermarks. Use animated logo or AVI logo for videos like a TV sign in one of the corners of screen.

VidLogo supports AVI, BMP, JPEG graphic formats for logos. True Alpha in video is fuly supported!

This software [apparently] has a trial version that does not have a time restriction on it. I have not tried this software, but have read this on a number of sites.


Video Watermark Factory
A full-featured yet easy-to-use software that allows placing a digital watermark or logo or text over an existing video in the batch mode. Watermarks can be used for protection or adding comments to your movies. You may impose watermark on a whole video file or on a specified section of the movie.


For images, I like ImageWaterMarker, by CodeElite. It's free and easy :)

We, the viewers of the incredible YouTube videos all of you fans share, appreciate the time you take to capture and upload the videos. Hopefully one of these tools will be useful (and not too pricey) for you.

If anyone out there uses something different, and really likes it, please let me know about it so I can pass it along! Thanks in advance...

~ Hath

4 comments:

Unknown April 8, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

I read about this too. She needs to do something to protect her stuff. I can't believe someone would do that. That really takes the cake. Then there is some of us that just really enjoy them.

Anonymous,  April 8, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Thanks Hath. It's a little bit disconcerting when folks just flagrantly disrespect the YouTube terms of use.

I don't think this guy actually realized these had already been posted on YT, but maybe that's just the Pollyanna in me.

At any rate -- thanks for the links -- will def be checking these out before posting anything from Dallas or Tulsa....

Best,
~Fiction Mistress
http://thefictionmistress.blogspot.com
www.youtube.com/fictionmistress

Anonymous,  April 9, 2010 at 1:37 AM  

So it's definitely NOT okay to take someone's videos and "redistribute" them, but it's just fine to take a lossless audio recording shared in a small group, degrade it to MP3 and then post it on THIS site?

For the record, I think what's happened to Sam's videos is wrong. But what was done with the recording was just as wrong.

Something to think about perhaps.

The Goddess Hathor April 9, 2010 at 7:34 AM  

Wow, and I thought the anti-gay church post would have brought out the hate.

Anon (though I think I know who you are, K):

It's not okay (in my book anyway) to take someone else's videos and post them as your own. It's ABSOLUTELY NOT okay (yes I'm yelling at you) to sell someone else's work and make a profit off of it. I don't care if you're selling youtube videos or a bootleg you made at a concert. Sharing is okay, selling is wrong. That's all I'm saying.

All I did with the recording I received (with no background or instructions to keep private I might add) was to share it with other fans. I did not charge for it. I did not take credit for finding, recording, or cutting it.

Not once did you send me an email explaining where the recording came from, or asking me to remove it. Nope, you decided instead to be snarky. Didn't anyone ever tell you that you can catch more flies with honey than with shit?

Something to think about perhaps.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP