Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Because I Needed It

I know you can relate.

If you're reading this and you're alive, you have had a day where you really REALLY wish you had taken that "left toin at Albuquerque". (If you're dead and reading this, please: keep quiet and do not freak out my devotees. I love them dearly.)

Today was that day for me.

Started out not to shabby at oh-dark-fifteen and a little voice whispering, "Momma? I had a scary dream, can I sleep with you?" No matter how zonked I am, no matter how far I have gone into the land of Nod, my child's voice is the best alarm clock ever. It gets me up in an instant (note to self, record that, and play it as my alarm; maybe then I won't be late for work). I was out of bed before I even all the way awake. Within three seconds, Hathlet was burrowed in the warm spot I had just vacated.

Hathlet weighs a solid 90 pounds. That's 90 pounds of dead weight on a foam mattress. He wasn't moving easily. I finally got him shoved mostly over into the middle of the bed, climbed back in, and TRIED to grab another hour or so of sleep. Apparently, Hathlet was a soccer star in a former life, and I now sport the shin bruises to prove it. Finally, after finding that I could no longer perch precariously on the edge of my MemoryFoam bed, and seeing that it was close to time for my BEEP-BEEP-BEEP alarm to go off, I got up and trudged down to the shower. (Of course, Mr. Hath slept through the whole episode. This morning he emails me "Why was [Hathlet] in our bed?". King of the observant, my DH...If there's ever a house fire, you-know-who will be the crispy critter at the bottom of the rubble.)

Fast forward to when I was TRYING to get to the train station only to be behind every Grandma-on-a-cell-phone in three towns. Now don't get me wrong. I totally adore Grandmas. Even driving Grandmas. My 90-year old Grandma still drives. Quite well actually. But she's smart enough to NOT use the cell phone while doing it.

The train was an adventure today, having to stop, back up, switch tracks, hook up to a broken down train, and push said doorstop all the way to Boston. Good thing I was on an early train for FUN and not because I actually have to be to work at 7am...

It went downhill from there with a steady stream of interruptions drop-ins whom I felt compelled to help because [a] it's part of my job description, and [b] I'd get in trouble for saying "I don't know, I don't care, go away".

Endless conference calls, scores of emails answered (not including the 140+ emails exchanged with the Fictionistas today -- the literal high point of my morning) random drop-ins, an exploding green pen....   And that was all just this morning

Lunchtime rolled around (note I didn't say "lunch".... I don't think I've had lunch at work in the last 3 years) and the first of six afternoon meetings.  Oh joy.

I'm on a break in these meetings for the moment, but have one in another 5 minutes, so I'd better type faster.

I get to go home (on the train again, which BETTER be on time) to a cranky Mr. Hath (oh joy), a mountain of laundry, and an unfinished work to-do list that will keep me up late tonight.

SO, yeah, it's been one of those days.

One of those days when I wish I had made a different turn at the end of the driveway.

Or at the end of the block.

Or that I had passed my exit by, and headed down to Nashville...Darlin' would have made it.  She wouldn't have let me down.

But none of that happened.  I played the part of "Responsible Adult #1", and pfft!  It isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Needless to say, I needed me a little something to perk me up. Now I know, I posted all those shirtless-Jon photos today, and you're saying that should have done it.

Nope.

I needed me some Richie.

And I found some.  One of my favorite songs, and one of my favorite performances of said song.

Here's to a better tomorrow.

~ Hath


7 comments:

Big Apple Jen April 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

Sorry you're having one of "those" days. :-(

I am often tempted to say to my colleagues, "hey, this isn't Burger King - you can have it your way" *rolls eyes* LOL

Hang in there!

Anonymous,  April 21, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

Hell Hath, you should have put a warning onthis one...talkbox, sweat, leather and Richie...I only just recovered from the last time I watched this video and now I'm a bumbling mess of goo again. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. x

Vicki

Anonymous,  April 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM  

My head was spinning trying to keep up with those emails, but yeah, high point of my morning too..

*kisses*

~Samantha

JBJBounce April 21, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

Sorry your day sucked today. Being the 'Responsible Adult' really does suck big ones. It's the reason that I haven't plunked down money to go to Giants or Soldier Field in July....yet. I so hate having to be responsible.

Jen,  April 21, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

If it makes you feel any better, I was awakened at 5:30 this morning by some jerk driving out of our underground parking with his rap music blaring. At 5:30 in the morning. Asshat. I dozed until my alarm went off, got up, fed the cats, showered, walked out of the bathroom to grab a box of kleenex...and discovered 5 freshly puked up puddles of half digested wet cat food spread across my living room. Nearly puked twice myself while I was cleaning it up...not how I like to start my day. Tomorrow WILL be better! (if only 'cuz it's one day closer to the weekend!)

Becky April 22, 2010 at 12:30 AM  

Ahh, from my hometown. One of my favorite performances too -- my guitarist/RS idolizer boyfriend gave me the entire show on CD. I love Europe's bootleg access.

Anyway, sorry you had such a day. :( Maybe it's time for a glass of wine, some mindless TV, and a blanket. Just relax!

The Goddess Hathor April 22, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

Thanks for the love girls. My Thursday is looking MUCH better!

~ Hath


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP