Monday, April 19, 2010

Bon Jovi Albums Re-Release on May 11

On May 11, Bon Jovi will re-release their classic studio albums as Special Editions. Each of the band's first 10 albums – Bon Jovi, 7800 Fahrenheit, Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, Keep The Faith, These Days, Crush, Bounce, Have A Nice Day and Lost Highway – will feature the original studio album tracks plus era-specific live recordings included as bonus tracks.  You can preorder on amazon.com by clicking on the album links above.

The bonus live tracks include songs taken from sound checks and concerts held in venues from all over the world, ranging from 500 seat theatres to massive football stadiums. Many of the live versions are extended, including "Get Ready" (Bon Jovi), "In and Out Of Love" (7800 Fahrenheit), "Blood on Blood" (New Jersey), "Keep The Faith" (Keep The Faith), and a duet featuring Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland performing "Who Says You Can't Go Home" (Have A Nice Day) with the band.

This "Special Edition" collection will feature new packaging. Each CD will feature new artwork, including images from each period, and new liner notes documenting the band's success through each stage of their twenty-five year career. Exclusive soft-pack versions will also contain reproductions of laminated tour credentials.

Additionally, each "Special Edition" will provide fans with the ability to gain "backstage access" to The Bon Jovi Vaults — a website being created to offer exclusive virtual content, including photos, tour memorabilia and additional live audio tracks.

source

This sounds interesting. As someone who has supplemented her collection from iTunes, it will be nice to have "hard copy" versions of the all studio records. Still, though, one has to wonder how much higher than normal these will be priced as they're "special edition" CDs -- especially those with those tour credential reproductions.

 Or maybe I'm just being cynical on this sunny Monday.

~ Hath

5 comments:

Anonymous,  April 19, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

I just checked the links out, Hath and the price isn't bad. Lost Highway is going for $12.99 and all the rest are $13.98.

Really not a bad price at all.

Susan,  April 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

Do you think one of the bonus tracks could be " Let's Make It Baby"? That would be sweet!!

Big Apple Jen April 19, 2010 at 10:58 AM  

I'm excited about this ... because now I can give the non-autographed ones to my mom. Uh-oh ... actually I think most of mine are signed. Ooops, sorry mom. ;-p

The Goddess Hathor April 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM  

@Natalie, yeah, those do seem reasonable. Hmmm... Mother's Day is right around the corner...

@Susan, I agree that'd be sweet, but alas, 'tis probably not to be. I have several versions of the song, included a naughty Richie talkbox one :) Let me know if you need to be hooked up!!

~ Hath

Catte Sambora April 20, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

@Susan The "Let's Make It Baby" demo was released on the second disc of the Special Edition "These Days", along with "Fields of Fire" (demo), cover of "Mrs. Robinson" and live covers of "I Don't Like Mondays" (w/Bob Geldof), "Crazy" (Tico vox), "Tumblin' Dice" (David vox)and "Heaven Help Us" (Richie vox. That disc is FAR and away my favorite of all the Jovi extra-goodies that have been released over the years. You can still find it on eBay from time to time...

As for the Special Editions--I'm SO glad Jovi is doing this! Last year both Def Leppard and Whitesnake released special (re-mastered) editions of their big albums. I bought them all, and I LOVE them -- they include great liner booklets, live recordings, DVDs... SO worth the $25.00 each. Looks like Jovi's are priced quite a bit lower; hope the extras will be as good! I already own all the CDs, but I'll be buying them all again...
Happy Mother's Day to Me!!!! :D


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP