Friday, July 06, 2012

@TarynElliotFic has a New Book!

Yes, Ms. Taryn's second book, ASHES AND WINE, from Entangled Publishing, is now available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Before Tessa met Royal Andreas, her bookstore was on the verge of sinking. And before Tessa met Royal Andreas, she didn’t mind being single. But Royal brings in business with monthly wine tastings featuring his family’s signature vintages–and brings Tessa’s heart to a standstill with intense gray eyes that look on her with nothing but cool indifference.

Yet one searing kiss between the stacks gives Tessa a glimpse of the passion smoldering beneath–and a secret pain further revealed when Royal fills in as the musician at a tasting event. Every note of Spanish guitar tells a story of family tragedy, loss, and ongoing suffering that’s made Royal afraid to lean on anyone…even if he needs Tessa’s sweet flavor more than the richest wine. Only her strength can save him when his world crumbles to ashes. But has Royal learned trust too late to claim Tessa as his own?

I read this book in just a couple days, and LOVED it. So of course, I had to have Taryn back on my blog to tout her latest delicious story. We had a nice chat about her book, the angst in publishing, and what's coming next.

Was getting the second book out there easier on the nerves for you than the first?

Not at all. LOL It was worse actually. The nerves are on high alert; especially with the attention Entangled is getting thanks to Jennifer Probst's The Marriage Bargain. She's been doing sooooo well and in turn she's turned some eyes onto Entangled. And unfortunately, the writing deal is a business. So, I'm hoping my book will perform well so I can get more contracts. We'll see.

What (or who) was your inspiration for Royal? He seems to have it all -- the looks, the brains, the work ethic, the strong family ties, the inner turmoil...

I know a little bit about being the eldest in the family and feeling like the whole world sits on my shoulders. Not to mention the things that Royal had to deal with because of the impending loss of his father. All of them have a basis in fact for me. He's probably as close to me as I've ever written--and because I'm weird, of course it's the guy. LOL Then I added in all those juicy details that make me swoon. I had to counterbalance all the loss with a powerful love story and I needed a hero that was a little larger than life.

What about your heroine, Tessa? She seemed to be very familiar -- close to another certain Tessa I've read.

What? I have noooo idea what you're talking about. ;) C'mon...that bookstore thing was too good not to use, right? And yes--Tessa is very close to the one some of my FF readers hold near and dear to them. I'm not QUITE as mean to her in this story though. Kinda.

So, which brother gets his book next? Some vote for broody Simon, I'm all for playa Rafe :)

If I get another contract, my editor is fairly in love with Mercy and Alaric. (So am I. I just love her. LOL And the big, British brooding Alaric Van Horney...er, Van Horne. Heh.)

The angst that is Simon is definitely on the top of the list as well. And Hath...I'm with you. I want to write Rafe's story sooooo bad!! All that sarcastic wit needs to be taken down with a steamy love story I think. If I write it--I'm thinking about marketing it to the hotter end of Entangled, but that's all up in the air. Pipedreams, I haz them!

What irons do you have in the fire now?

Beyond the two I mentioned above, I'm working on a Hamptons series that will include a dress designer, a coffee barista, and an heiress that gets a goooood old fashioned shake up. These are far spicier than ASHES AND WINE so I'll need to shop around for where I want to go with them. Not to mention Matt Cross from the Cross Brothers which is a continuation of UNCROSS YOUR HEART's people. Me, writing about a musician? C'mon...reaching, right?


Thank you so much for having me on your blog, Hath! I'm going to give away 2 copies of ASHES AND WINE. All you have to do is drop me a comment about what you look for in a hero when you pick up a book. Or if you like the heroine better and are willing to be pulled along the story no matter what! I'm easy--it says so on a few walls--so just drop a comment.

We're going to run the giveaway all weekend and I'll draw 2 winners on Monday. I have NOOK, KINDLE and PDF copies--whichever your flavor.



Thanks, Taryn (again!!) for answering all my questions. She will contact the winner directly and deliver her delicious book into your hot little inbox.

You can follow Taryn on Twitter, friend her on Facebook, subscribe to her Blog, fave her on Goodreads and cruise her Tumblr, Sunlight Kisses.

While you're at it, add  ASHES AND WINE to your to-be-read shelf on Goodreads -- show her some love :)

Leave a comment to enter the contest -- you won't be disappointed!

~ Hath

5 comments:

Lora July 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM  

I bought it, I read it, I loved it!! WOOHOOO!!!

Jeanine July 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM  

Nice interview, T. Looking forward to reading it!

Oh, and to answer your question... without getting into physical features/description, I'm always more drawn to a love story that is high on humor. Love + laughter = hot!

Taryn Elliott July 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM  

Hiya Jeanine! Thanks! =)

I'm with you on humor. My new one is full of it.

One of my fave authors is Victoria Dahl. She's a freaking trip. Her characters make me laugh out loud.

Anonymous,  July 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM  

Cant wait to read it!

Denise


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP