Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yesterday

* we interrupt this blog for a wicked short quasi-political statement *

...HathBlog was on strike in protest of the SOPA and PIPA acts that are now in the US Legislature.  You may have noticed Google had a black bar across its logo, and Wikipedia (English version) was completely down for the day as well.

Senators' websites went down just from the sheer surge of voters trying to write them. NYC and SF geeks had protests that packed city blocks.

Tech companies and users teamed up. Tens of millions of people who make the internet what it is joined together to defend their freedoms. The free network defended itself. Whatever you call it, the bottom line is clear: from today forward, it will be much harder to mess up the internet.  Hopefully.

Approaching Monday's crucial Senate vote there are now 35 Senators publicly opposing PIPA. Last week there were 5. And it just takes just 41 solid "no" votes to permanently stall PIPA (and SOPA) in the Senate. What seemed like miles away a few weeks ago is now within reach.

The Wanted Wednesday and Mid-Day Motivators still posted (as I had them pre-scheduled) and can be found  in the blog archive links over on the right-hand side.

If you're in the US, bug your Senators about this.   Say you oppose PIPA, and urge the Senator to vote "no" on cloture.


PROTECT IP / SOPA Breaks The Internet from Fight for the Future on Vimeo.

A little alarmist, admittedly, but the basic message is (I feel) right, and the last 30 seconds or so are the scariest.

* we now return you to your regularly-scheduled HathBlog *

Thanks for reading!

~ Hath

1 comments:

Roman’s Girl January 19, 2012 at 7:07 AM  

Thank you Hath. I will vote against this bill if it ever gets that far. I will even make a note of this on facebook. Thanks...


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP