Friday, January 07, 2011

Rolling Stone

Lately, across the 'net, I've seen lots of articles, blurbs, and so forth about Rolling Stone and that Jon has been on the cover twice. No real meat to the articles, just general discussion about the magazine in general.  This morning, I came across an article that I agree with whole-heartedly.  Give it a read and let me know what you think.

Jon Bon Jovi: On the Cover of Rolling Stone
~ Elizabeth Coffee

Every hardcore fans knows it: Jon Bon Jovi has been on the cover of two issues of Rolling Stone, numbers 500 (May 21, 1987) and 545 (February 9, 1989).

The first one is a headshot: Jon wears a leather jacket which has slipped off of one shoulder; he sports bling on his fingers and around his neck, a furry rug on his chest, and a highlighted mane of hair on his head. The caption declares him a "Hot Throb."

The second one is a full-body shot, Jon clad all in black: pants, sleeveless shirt, and cowboy hat. He is barefoot, and the Superman tattoo on his left arm is prominent. There is no jewelry, but he has the same mane of hair. A white horse behind him intensifies his goth-colored clothing. Whereas in the earlier photo, he was serious, in this one he is smiling. And this time, the caption declares him "Rock's Young Gun" (way before he had any association with the movie).

And after that? Nothing.

In 2010, the following people (among others) appeared on the cover of the US version of the magazine:

John Mayer
Shaun White
Jimi Hendrix
Black-Eyed Peas
cast of Glee
Robert Downey, Jr.
Russell Brand
Jay-Z
Lady Gaga
Leonardo DiCaprio

Where, oh where, is Bon Jovi?

During the first forty years of its publication, Rolling Stone mentioned Bon Jovi in at least 671 articles. In the past decade, the band has been hotter than ever. At the close of the decade, they have the highest-grossing tour in the world.

The magazine has been the pulse of music, politics, and pop culture for the past forty-plus years; for credibility's sake, they need to put Jon Bon Jovi on the cover again--and soon, especially with his recent honor of being appointed to a presidential council. It is long -- very long --overdue.
Now, there are those who say that Rolling Stone is a "joke"; that it's the MTV of the print world.  But, in the whole, Rolling Stone is one of the staples of music lovers just about anywhere.

I echo Ms. Coffee -- Where, or where, is Bon Jovi?

~ Hath

  

3 comments:

Emma,  January 7, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

SO SO TRUE!!
Great article.
People are so dumb these days when it comes to stuff like this. Even like Jon said, the band is the biggest tour on EARTH and STILL NO HALL OF FAME!!
Come on People, get your shit together.
One day the people that deal with this stuff are going to look back and say "Yeah, we were stupid. We had the biggest band on earth for a few years and we gave them no credit for what they did"

Well at least us fans do:D:D

Johanne January 7, 2011 at 8:40 PM  

I completely agree! Where is my sweet and sexy Jon? Oh yeah, he's in my heart and in my dreams forever!

baloriflorencia March 6, 2011 at 4:01 PM  

can anyone tell me why Rolling Stone hates Bon Jovi? I've read some reviews of the albums (until I couldn't stand reading anymore) and man they were MEAN. An envious editor maybe?


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP