Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bon Jovi Fatheads!

No, no, don't get all excited. They haven't marketed those yet, though if they do, that's one idea off the BJM resume I'm putting together :)

No, this is something (I'm pretty sure) you can do on your own.

What is a Fathead, you ask?

Lemme tell you.

Well, let me let the website tell you.

Fathead changes everything.

Fathead is passion. Your passion expressed as a life-size, hi-def, action image.

Fathead transforms. Enhance any décor in mere minutes.

Fathead is smart. Moveable and safe for walls, they never lose adhesion.

Fathead lasts. Constructed of durable vinyl that never tears or fades.

Fathead is easy. Just peel, stick and enjoy.
Yeah, you say, but that doesn't help.

Fatheads, in short, are these glorious up-to-life-sized vinyl decals you can stick to your walls. Up until recently, you [men] could adorn your Man Cave with life-sized in-action shots of your favorite sports stars.

Your son could have full-size, HD-quality Spongebob Squarepants on his walls, or your little princess could have Tinkerbell hovering over her bed.

Now, dear devotees, I believe you can, for a mere $140, could have a four foot wide, six-and-a-half-foot tall JOVI of your very own.

It's simple.

Go to this website.

Upload your favorite picture.

Give them your credit card number.

PRESTO! Jovis in your house.

I don't know what (if anything) they do in terms of trademarked images, etc., but for the sake of argument, let's say that this would totally work.  They would absolutely make you a (buncha) Bon Jovi Fathead(s).  I would think that as long as you owned the photo, it should be fine, right?

Now, you may say that's an awful lot of money for wall decorations. Considering some of you spent $1875 for a folding chair, I don't think you should be saying anything about my little slice of vinyl heaven. Yeah you got a show, blah-blah-blah, but for the same money, look at what you can get:

For $840, you could get the ENTIRE on-stage band (including Huey and Bobby)

For $67 you can get a set of FOUR folding chairs from Walmart

For $140 you can get 4 Fathead Laptop Skins and turn them into Bon Jovi folding chairs.

Are you keeping track?

That still leaves more than $800 for a ticket, so you can still get a show.

Then you get to go home from the show, and look at the Jovis you have artfully arranged next to, across from, and over your bed. Tell me that isn't worth it?

Now some of you, like me, are married to men who not only don't understand the Jovi love, but gave the big ol' thumbs down when you saw the advertisement for Fathead on TV and said "Oooh!"

 Never fear.

I have a plan.

Call your best girlfriend. Send her some money. Have her "buy you one for your birthday" (or Christmas, Halloween, Hanukkah, Arbor Day, National Ice Cream Day, Festivus, whatever).

Yeah? I don't see a down-side to that, either.

I don't know a husband on the planet -- one that wants to have sex with his wife at least once more -- that will make said wife give back a gift from her girlfriends.

Think about it.

I'm lining up my girls now.

I turn 40 this year. What better way to celebrate that milestone with a life-sized Richie of my very own? Other than having REAL Richie come to my birthday dinner (or be my birthday dinner) that is....

But I have wandered off on a tangent.

Fatheads.

That's all you have to remember.

That, and that I share a birthday with the Ex Mrs. Sambora.

~ Hath

8 comments:

Unknown June 17, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

I'm going to find a place that can screen images onto Bed sheets, you think you have a market with these, when you can literally sleep with them....

Although there may be many angry husbands out there...

Bayaderra June 17, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

I already have David and Richie pillow cases....drive hub nuts!

Unknown June 17, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

I wish I had those pillow cases when I was 14 it would have made practicing french kissing with a pillow more enjoyable. LOL

or is that TMI...

Becky June 17, 2010 at 9:43 PM  

OMG Hath this absolutely cracked me up. LOL!! Your wittiness never fails to make me smile...and lord knows if I had the money for a FatHead, I'd have one giant JBJ above my bed. *I'M* not married and don't have a hubby to worry about! ;) I love your idea of the laptop skins and wamart chairs though lmao, when I move out into my own place next year I might very well consider that! :p

Anonymous,  June 17, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Your sense of humor never ceases to amaze me Hath! LMAOOOOOO!!!! After all that, I WANT ONE TOO!!!!!

You're the best!

~ Sterling

alicefayenjbj June 17, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

have the rock star baby poster of Jon on one wall, the 6 foot tall poster of Jon and Richie Circa 1980 something and the movie poster for Little City on one wall. Over the windows I have two black scarf's of Jon one 1980's one Blaze of Glory era. Rolled up in tubes I have a Leading Man Movie poster, two night shirts of Jon and Every copy of the Backstage fanzines made. i can do without the folding chair that one guy dropped after leaving the Charlotte show and it broke! (now is that Karma or what?) I turn 55 this year...I just want Jon in nothing but a blue bow at my house for my birthday! Nuf said!

Anonymous,  June 18, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

My only problem would be is that I always fall in love with a picture for a few months and then I see another one I absolultely love and would have to have that one and then in a few months another one I have to have and then . . .
Hmm, a bedroom populated with Bon Jovi, maybe not a problem after all!

Renee

Catte Sambora June 18, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

So let me get this straight.... I can buy a folding chair from Walmart, slap a Richie Fathead Laptop skin on the seat, go enjoy my Pit seat at the current Circle Tour Show..... Then come home and sit on Richie's face?

EXCELLENT. :P


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP