Thursday, November 11, 2010

Brief Times Square Review

Bon Jovi Lights Up Times Square With 90 Minute Greatest Hits Show
Roger Friedman in Music // November 11th, 2010 at 1:39 AM UTC

Bon Jovi–the whole group–lit up Times Square last night with a ebullient, athletic 90 minute live show from the Best Buy (formerly Nokia) Theater on Broadway and West 44th St.

This is a smallish venue converted from a movie theater–the beloved Loew’s 44th St where I saw all the “Star Wars” and “Raiders of the Lost Ark” movies. And Bon Jovi is a kick ass bigger-than-life band, launching their first greatest hits record in 27 years with the show simulcast on YouTube and local WPLJ radio.

You haven’t heard anything until a thousand people are screaming the words to “Living on a Prayer” and “It’s My Life” in your ear. Bon Jovi started out as a bar band and on some level they remain the Greatest Bar Band ever. Not only did they perform more than a dozen of their own hits, they mixed in “Pretty Woman” and “Shout” with the punch and drive of 20 year olds.

It was great to hear “Wanted Dead or Alive (I’m a Cowboy),” “Who Says You Can’t Go Home,” and “Keep the Faith” in this intimate setting. You could tell Jon, Richie, Dave and Tico were having fun, too. They had plenty of friends and family in the audience as well, including Richie’s mom, aunt and a family friend affectionately known as Eddie the Hat.

After the show, Jon Bon Jovi and Dave Bryan headed right home. But Richie Sambora and Tico Torres headed downtown to the Waverly Inn. They took up a table for about 12 people including Little Steven van Zandt. wife Maureen van Zandt, music publisher John Titta, and “American Idol” past winner David Cook.



Wonder what Richie and Tico had to say to David Cook....

~ Hath

1 comments:

BJ Angel November 11, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

I was there last night, too.... I swear I saw Ava there, too, in the family section.... was I seeing things? Does anyone know if she was there?


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP