Friday, February 11, 2011

Heading back to Toronto

ENT Blog has this article up this morning:

Bon Jovi’s latest North American tour includes four Canadian cities, beginning with Toronto’s Air Canada Centre on Feb. 14-15.

The last time the New Jersey rockers played in Toronto in July 2010, frontman Jon Bon Jovi had just torn his calf muscle two weeks earlier during a hometown show at New Meadowlands Arena, but he still managed to play two back to back shows with the band at the Rogers Centre.

Guitarist Richie Sambora says the singer was a medicle miracle.

“We carried him off the stage, man, put him on a gurney,” Sambora told QMI Agency of when the injury first occured.

“It was amazing because two days later we had a bunch more gigs and you know what? They fixed him up and he walked out there and for the first gig he looked like a civil war (soldier) but sang his ass off, you know, and we played our ass off as we do every night.”

“He was inspiring,”continued Sambora. “The man was inspiring. I broke my arm at one point and I still played 20 stadium shows with a broken arm. And he looks at me and he said, ‘If you could do that, I can do this.’”

Why is it, that I can hear Jon's voice in my head saying that to Richie? :) Please, guys, no injuries this time around, 'kay?

~ Hath

2 comments:

Jen,  February 11, 2011 at 9:51 AM  

It's supposed to get warmer here (near T.O) by Mon/Tues so we shouldn't have to worry about them slipping on any ice, lol. Stay healthy & safe boys!

Anonymous,  February 11, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

I'm sorry I just... just.. 'medicle'? 'Medicle'?! Argh!

Sorry. English major. Can't help it.

But I do love the piece. These guys are just awe-inspiring in their dedication. Broken arm, torn muscles, nothing stops them!

-Stas


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP