Thursday, February 10, 2011

Farmer Jon

This article cracked me up. Thanks Bay, for the drop.

MYFOXNY.COM - Celebrities get tons of perks from great tables at top restaurants to the latest fashions. In New Jersey some, including Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi, are getting big tax breaks.

Bon Jovi and Springsteen have been making hit music for years. It is no surprise they've earned enough money to buy big mansions with acres of property. But what will surprise you is the huge tax breaks they and others get.

Besides being native New Jerseyans, they have more in common: Turns out the Garden State considers both superstars farmers.

Barbara Nevins Taylor investigates.


Here's an additional tidbit from Bay:

Our local Fox News ran a special report about tax breaks for our local celebrities who get massive property tax breaks when they claim some of their real estate property as "farm land". All they have to do is sell $500 worth of farm goods to qualify!!!!!! They centered on Jon and Bruce. But missed David!!!! He claims most of his old house as "farm land".

Somehow, I can't picture David in flannel and overalls, but Jon? For sure.

4 comments:

Bayaderra February 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

I can't imagine ANYONE of them doing any kind of farm work! But according to my sources, David owns 11 acres of "farm land" in Colts Neck and pays $263/year in real estate tax on it! Well, in his defence, its the property attached to the house where his kids live with April. Hmmmm, I wonder what they produce.... And most importantly: where can I buy it!?!?!?! I do want some of Jon's honey too!!!!

Rike February 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

I think 2 years ago I've read an article about Jon own a bee farm. I asked Obie at the Q&A section, if the honey is organic and where I could buy it, but never got an answer

Johanne February 10, 2011 at 8:02 PM  

I can easily pictured Jon in an overall without a shirt under it and all sweaty doing some "farm landing"! yummy!

Anonymous,  February 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM  

Gonna have to go back to google earth and look back down on Jon's house on the river and look for the hives.

Alice Faye who is having issues with dell and blogger


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP