Tuesday, November 02, 2010

A Portrait of the Artist

Another great article from the Guardian:



What got you started?
I was just another long-haired teenage kid with visions of grandeur, strumming a tennis racket or a broom in front of his bedroom mirror.
What was your big breakthrough?
Every step along the way has felt like the big time: from playing our first high-school dance, to getting a record deal, to releasing a monumental album like Slippery When Wet, to playing our first stadium. It just never ends.
What has been your biggest challenge?
To be sure that I never sold out or sacrificed my art for commerce. We never had rappers when that was popular, or hung out with grunge guys, or tried to be a boyband. What Bon Jovi did, we did our way.
What have you sacrificed for your art?
Quite a few body parts. My knees, ankles and lower back hurt a lot; I moan and groan every time I get out of a chair.
What's the worst thing anyone ever said about you?
Where do I begin?
If you could send a message back to your critics, what would it be?
Have a nice day.
What one song would work as the soundtrack to your life?
In My Life by the Beatles. It summarises the fact that life has been a page-turner for me. And I can't wait to get to the next chapter.
What's the greatest threat to music today?
We are at a crossroads in the music business: with the rise of the internet, the world we live in has changed, and the past is not coming back. But I see the glass as half-full: the internet and social networking are new avenues for the next Bob Dylan to be born on.
What work of art would you like to own?
For years, I've had a hankering for the portrait of Benjamin Franklin by Joseph Duplessis. Franklin is credited with so many inventions: the postal system, lightning rods, the constitution. He was a rock star before there was such a thing.
Is there an art form you don't relate to?
There's a lot of them. I don't work well outside the lines; my report card once read, "doesn't play well with others".
What's the biggest myth about rock stars?
That if you didn't throw up today, you don't really rock. I haven't thrown up yet.
Interview by Laura Barnett
In short
Career: Has released 11 studio albums with his band Bon Jovi, and two solo records. Bon Jovi Greatest Hits was released on Mercury on 1 November.
High point: "I don't think I've achieved it yet."
Low point: "The summer of 1991. I'd been living out of a suitcase since 1983, and I couldn't remember what I loved about music."

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP