Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Don't go away mad...



Yet another great article from the UK -- this time from the Telegraph.  You can read the whole article here, but this is the part that resonates:

It’s curious, though, that in our post-everything age, in which every trend has been endlessly revived and revisited – especially if it’s from the 80s – Bon Jovi have never, at any point, been cool. That may be because they’ve never gone away for long enough to generate much in the way of nostalgic affection. It may also be because their singer can come across as a bit of a berk.
I don't agree so much with the not-being-cool thing, because I think they're pretty cool, but the other part. They've never really gone away -- not for a long long time. They're always in our faces.  Now, this isn't a bad thing, but even the band can admit that too much of a good thing is like getting high and coming down.  In other words, a bummer.

The interview where Jon was talking about "what's next", and made no mention of heading back into the studio for the next Bon Jovi project was refreshing, and not just because that means my accounting software will finally show more black again.  It means they're taking time to regroup, probably individually.

Let David do his Broadway thing (after all, there'a ALWAYS room for another Tony, right?)

Let Tico do work for his foundation, and enjoy his young son.

Let Richie work on his projects, both his solo efforts and those with Nikki, and relish the summer with his daughter.

Let Jon enjoy the summer with his kids.  Take a breather.  Relax.  If you're getting bored, then it's time to do something else before you start to really hate your job.  That would suck for all of us.

I've talked with some of you out there, and admittedly, this was suggested to me by someone I'll call T. T threw out the statement that if they went away for a year or two, when they decided to come back / tour again / put out another record, it would do great. Give us a chance to miss you before you jump down our throats again.

Don't go away forever, just take a vacation. Let us miss you.

And let us build up our bank accounts.

~ Hath

4 comments:

Becky November 2, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

If I could "like" this, I would. lol. I agree wholeheartedly - as sad as I am whenever a tour ends, I want the guys to live their lives and refresh themselves before coming back. Not only is is better overall for their health, sanity, and families - but it's better for their creativity and performance.

They need a huge breather, especially Jon. They've been pretty much nonstop since 2000/Crush, and 10 years is the longest they've gone doing back-to-back albums and tours. They aren't 21 years old anymore! (Hell, I'm 21 and I couldn't keep up with that schedule, have mercy.)

Bottom line - great post. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Anonymous,  November 3, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Thank you! Is someone getting this "please stop for a bit" messages to Jon!?!

Anonymous,  November 6, 2010 at 5:36 AM  

Maybe Jon´s afraid that if they go away for too long that no-one will wait for them or that they won´t have success anymore. But I´ll wait for them.

baloriflorencia March 6, 2011 at 9:01 PM  

if after the hiatus they come up with something the likes of These days I can be patient


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP