Thursday, November 04, 2010

Aussie Interview

An interview posted today at ContactMusic was an excerpt from a radio interview that's been podcasted here:

The 48-year-old rocker admitted he and Richie Sambora, the lead guitarist in Bon Jovi, are sentimental about presents and don’t just use their fortunes to buy each other expensive gifts.

Jon has confessed that in his earlier celebrity days he used to try and impress his friends with grand presents such as cars, but now he realises that those closest to him value offerings that show more time and effort.

“You should see the hell I have to go through,” he revealed on the Australian Kyle and Jackie O radio show. “Richie makes me make him a card, make him a birthday cake - I have burnt my finger so many times.”

Jon revealed that he and his bandmates used to try and out-do each other on who could give the most grandiose birthday present. But he soon realised the “beat the gift game” was only ever going to have a short lifeline.

“Actually we were never really that frivolous, to be honest, I think for a while we played the hole ‘beat the gift’ trip – ‘you buy me a car, I’ll buy you a car,’ that kind of stuff, but those are the cute moments of youth,” he explained. “You know, you can’t play ‘beat the gift’ forever it just doesn’t really work.”

The musician has four children - Stephanie Rose, Jesse James Louis, Jacob Hurley and Romeo Jon – with his wife Dorothea Hurley. Jon believes eight-year-old Jacob is already showing signs he has what it takes to become a successful actor.

“I am the one pushing him towards that I don’t think he’s all that keen,” Jon admitted. “But he has the ‘it’ I can see it all over Jakey, he should do it. I just watch the kid walk around my house and know that he’s got it. He’s got it all, absolutely.”

Anyone else want to see the kinds of cards these guys make for each other?  I don't see them as the Martha Stewart type...  Coloring with the kids?  Sure.  Jon making a card for Sambora?  Man what I'd give to be a fly on the wall THAT day...

The podcast has been uploaded to my Mediafire for your enjoyment (thanks, Catte!!)

~ Hath

1 comments:

blushnscarlet November 4, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

OMG, me too as far as the fly on the wall thing! Homemade cards and cakes from Jon? Kind of boggles the mind, doesn't it??


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP