Monday, November 01, 2010

Greatest Hits DVD (not available in US/Can)



BON JOVI GREATEST HITS DVD features the band's biggest worldwide smash hits in a career-spanning set of original promo videos, alongside the greatest ever live performances of each and every one of these legendary tracks.

The phenomenal live footage includes the band's groundbreaking rooftop show on top of London's O2 Arena (never before been released on home video) as well as an exclusive performance of storming new single WHAT DO YOU GOT?, not available anywhere else.

17 ORIGINAL VIDEOS + 17 LIVE PERFORMANCES
THE ULTIMATE VIDEO COLLECTION

This DVD includes Livin' On A Prayer, It's My Life, You Give Love A Bad Name, Bad Medicine, Who Says You Can't Go Home, Have A NIce Day, Always, Lay Your Hands On Me, We Weren't Born To Follow, Keep The Faith, Blaze of Glory and MORE!

This DVD collection is available around the world, minus US and Canada. Look for it when you purchase your Greatest Hits album in November!
Not available in the US or Canada.

But Jo-o-o-o-o-onnnnnn!

THESE are the songs we know ALL the words to, so you can't use the "you get crap set-lists because you only know the chorus" excuse. What's the excuse now?

Never fear fellow Americans, and friendly Canadians, we can still get it from Amazon.co.uk. THEY have a region-free version. Seriously though, WTF?

According to a couple of the reviews on Amazon:
15 of the 17 live tracks were taken from the 5 live DVD's that they have released over the last few years, (Madison Square garden/Live From London/This Left Feels Right - Live/The Crush Tour/ Lost Highway - The Concert). In addition, all of the music videos are full frame, and as a result have 2 thick, vertical bars on either side of the screen. The picture quality is also fairly grainy throughout, even on the newer vidoes, which probably explains why there is no Blu-Ray release for this. On the plus side, there are exclusive live videos for 'We Weren't Born to Follow' and 'What Do You Got?', as well as the standard music videos for both of these songs.
~ Hath

7 comments:

Anonymous,  November 1, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

Hath, i totally agree....wtf are they doing to us fans in US and Canadia....i know we don't get the GREAT set-lists, but we all pay that mighty $ that nearly breaks the bank on everything Jovi.....

Now, i have checked out the UK Amazon, but i'm sorry to say, i can't figure out how to convert from Euro to US.....i tried, and came up with $14.99 US dollars...is that anywhere close?

Thanks for all u do to keep us fans that are less than computer swavy, on all things Bon Jovi...i read your post everyday and enjoy them alot.

Toni

The Goddess Hathor November 1, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

Hi Toni -- if it helps, based on today's exchange rate, shipping to upstate NY was around $17.50 USD.

~ Hath

alicefayenjbj November 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM  

Well personally I think it sucks. Yeah lets screw the US/Canada fans make them pay the high dollar conversion rate for the video.

Anonymous,  November 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Hi Hath,

Just thought I'd drop my 2 cents into the conversation. I'm Irish, not American, and yes we get a DVD and maybe better set lists but in fairness, the north american continent gets a hellova lot more shows and publicity thingys than we ever do.

Anonymous,  November 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

Thanks for the info Hath. And I agree, screw the American & Canadian fans one more time.

I'm glad the DVD on Amazon.com is Region free but it does say PAL Format. Hopefully people who order can play PAL format. Cheap DVD players seem to be the ones that can play PAL formats. My expensive DVD/VHS machine, can't play PAL formats.

Just some FYI for you all.

Peg

Jan November 2, 2010 at 6:32 AM  

I got my copy this morning, I'll let you know later what I think.

Funny - you US people are saying the UK/Europe fans get more...fans over here regularly complain that the US get all the special events, fanclub trips, more shows etc etc.

I guess none of us would be happy unless the guys played in our back garden and stayed in our house overnight. ;)

Anonymous,  November 2, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Hey Hath I got my copy over the weekend and don't shoot me but I was severely disappointed by it, lets face it there's not really anything on it that we haven't seen before, bar two - to me it was thrown together and released because they knew we'd all buy it anyway!!

Em xx


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP