Monday, October 04, 2010

Maybe a Hiatus?

In this video interview, Jon talks about being in service to the song -- how their music transcends generations and is greater than the sum of all its parts.


There's an article along with the video as well; here's an excerpt:
In "The Circle" and new issues of the "Greatest Hits" seems to Sambora leaves aside the guitar hero to be in the service of the song. Was it something intentional?

We all serve the song. And I think it's the best compliment you can say to Richie. But none of us are here to do vocal gymnastics and pyrotechnics on the guitar.

They get into "the break" a little bit, and Jon hints that maybe after this tour is done, it may be time for another one.


After this greatest hits -- I don't know the future, but it might be a time again. You know, we worked really hard for a decade. Ten more years. Five studio records. It may be the time to go *whew*. We're wise now. We're wise men.
Some have been saying they're overdue for a break. Let them go away for a year to two, make us miss you, then come back and we'll be all over it again without all the criticism.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

But do we (the fandom) really want that?  On some level, sure.  We all want new music from Richie, another musical from David, more art from Tico, and for Jon to get a chance to maybe (I don't know) try on NFL ownership?  But on another level, no, don't take away our security blanket.  Leave our binkies alone!

Time will tell of course.  Until then, we'll enjoy them as much as we can!

~ Hath

3 comments:

Anonymous,  October 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

I've been fearing a hiatus ever since the enormity of the current tour was announced.
Like you say, I want more Richie solo and David musicals, Tico and Jon deserve to follow other interests too, but I've gotten used to them being around.

It sounds silly but the world seems a safer and nicer place when I know the band is doing stuff together.
I like my blankie, don't take it from me!
Only time will tell I guess but they HAVE worked hard the last 10 years and they're not getting any younger.

Vicki

samboragirl October 4, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

I think they deserve a break, as much as I love having them around...but hopefully it will mean another Richie solo album! Long overdue!

Anonymous,  October 4, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Sorry, no break for the boys:)
We will go crazy if we don't have news from them. Look at the withdrawal from just the month of August & Sept.

Keep rockin guys !!

KS


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP