Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wanted Wednesday ~ Boston, July 10, 2008

Please rise, for the singing of our national anthem...

I told you you'd get a band version, I didn't say when.  Close, but no banana on this one.

This performance is from the Lost Highway tour.

Boston Garden, July 10, 2008.  (Yeah, yeah, TD Banknorth Garden, but I'm from here, I can call it the Garden.  Or Gaaahhhdin, if you wanna say it right).

My backyard.

It was my first experience with Fan Club seats, though I do not belong to the fan club.  My new friend Willow hooked me up with tickets.  That was one hell of a weekend.  Met Willow, Big Apple Jovi Girl, and Fiction Mistress for the first time that weekend.  I sent Willow money via PayPal based on a single phone conversation.  Boy am I glad she's not a psycho or anything.  We had the absolutely best pizza ever sitting on the floor in a second-rate hotel room just a few minutes' walk from the Green Line (subway).

At the venue, I got to meet TaraLeigh for the first time (briefly).

And blew out my knee just before the show started.  Not needed-surgery bad, but bad enough that I was glad my pants were a bit snug to hold in the swelling.  Bad enough that I actually SAT DOWN for a song (it may have been Who Says, so I don't feel badly).  Bad enough that whenever I moved, I could feel it shifting around,and would up wearing a lovely brace for the rest of the summer while it healed.

It was NOT bad enough to leave the show.  Even a compound fracture of the tib/fib wouldn't have been enough to get me out of there before the house lights came back up and Sinatra came over the sound system.  I was able to sing and sway (dancing was out) and had a great time.

I did the two Boston shows, then trekked to NYC for the Central Park show that weekend.  (We'll visit the Central Park show later the series, and we'll talk a little more about the experience that went along with it.)

This show was also the first time I'd heard this song done acoustically live.  And it was the first time I got to sing Happy Birthday to Richie.  It was also before I became obsessed with bootlegs, and yet hadn't heard all the wonderful harmonies you can hear without the full accompaniment of the band.

There are far more acoustic versions of this song; some with just Richie, some with just Jon, and some with the two of them together, which is my most favorite way of all.  There are great band versions too, and I promise, I PROMISE you'll get some of those.

For now, though, before I get too far into my psyche looking for the reasons why I love these two guys when they're messing around on their guitars, here's the Richie-Birthday-Show track.



You can download this track here.

~ Hath

2 comments:

Anonymous,  September 15, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Aww . . . one of my very favorite moments from the Lost Highway tour. I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to be there! Such a wonderful version of Wanted.

joviswillow September 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

I'm not a psycho? Who says??

I agree, it was an amazing adventure and I wouldn't have wanted to share it with anyone else.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP