Friday, February 05, 2010

Interview with Teek and Rich

Transcript of a telephone conference that Richie Sambora and Tico Torres of Bon Jovi conducted with the national media on Groundhog's Day to promo The Circle World Tour is available here.

Excerpt:

Alan Sculley: A follow up to something you guys talked about a little bit early on in the interview here, where you talked about the need to continually evolve musically and lyrically, you know. And this album again is part of that process.

Now to me, this album also sounds very much like a classic Bon Jovi album. I feel like in a lot of ways you went back on a number of songs to your core strength stylistically.

And so I’m curious in what ways you feel, you know, you’ve kind of moved forward, especially musically. You kind of touched on the lyrical, the topical side earlier. But I’m just curious what you think that you’re doing musically that’s really is kind of covering new ground for you.

Richie Sambora: Well I mean right off the bat, obviously I’m going to touch on the lyrical content of what the songs are. I think that’s obviously growing and I think our lyrical prowess is getting more and more grown up, and more and more kind of plugged into what’s happening in the world today.

So I think that’s one of the ways we’ve done stuff on this album. We’ve also experimented with a lot of new sounds sonically. A lot of stuff that you think might be kind of synthesized is in there, or a lot of guitars that are just layered with different sounds and pedals and different things like that.

So we’re actually moving in different sonic territory I think for Bon Jovi than I think we’ve ever done before also. And songs like When We were Beautiful and Broken PromiseLand and things like that. There’s all these different sounds that are coming in that we’ve never used before either, and different experimentations in that particular way also.

I mean there’s also there’s just the constant kind of flow of evolution. You know, it’s not even conscious half the time. It’s just - we’re just growing as a band.

Tico Torres: Yes, even rhythmically. Most of the songs have a palm energy to it and none of the records have had that in the past, which is a totally different way of approaching the songs. So if you listen back you’ll see the difference.

It's a great read. The guys seemed relaxed, and talked quite a bit. Would LOVE to hear the audio from this teleconference, and have asked on the LVM site about it. Will let you know :)


~ Hath

0 comments:


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP