Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grammy Update

So, by now you know the boys didn't get their award, and they played Prayer as the third song (with Jennifer Nettles hitting the high notes for Jon. But, for the "Make Huey Official" contingency, he was on stage, though not at his usual spot. I think Bobby may have been there too, but was in DEEP shadow; will have to watch the recording again (yes, when it's ready, it'll be available here....)

The short (~10 minute mini-set) included snips of We We Weren't Born To Follow, Who Says You Can't Go Home, and Prayer.

Not sure how long this will stay up, but here's the Jovi performance (will get better quality in the next day or so).



The guys looked amazing (though you only saw brief BRIEF glimpses of everyone other than HRH) and sounded good. Richie wore his damned sunglasses, but they weren't the Stevie Wonder ones; you could actually see his eyes. Jon was in full rock-God attire

Everyone (save for a couple dozen people right in front of the stage -- no doubt plants) just sort of sat there and watched the performance. Nobody seemed "into it". Of course, by this time, they're probably waiting for it to just be DONE so they can get on with the parties already.

But still...

How can anyone who was alive in the 80's not sing along to Prayer, even if by accident? You know, the way a parent will sing along to Spongebob without meaning to (not that I know ANYTHING about that...and you can't prove otherwise). Sad.

So, there's been some chatter on Twitter tonight.

Prayer: Actually what was voted? Or always in the setlist, and this "fake vote" thing was just a[nother] publicity stunt?

~ Hath

2 comments:

alicefayenjbj January 31, 2010 at 11:10 PM  

am I the only one who saw Stephanie sitting beside her mom and Jon and I love her short haircut.

I was not upset that Jennifer stayed on stage to hit the high note for Jon...and If singing the high note gets a wet one I'll sing it when they come to Charlotte!

All in all still would have loved to see HAND and the Richie finger. But will take Prayer.

InTheseArms February 1, 2010 at 5:01 AM  

I gotta say, other than Richie none of the boys looked like they were enjoying themselves that much. And even Richie was subdued.

Maria


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP