Friday, November 21, 2008

I Love my iPod

I have more than 4,000 Jovi songs on my iPod. In fact, I call it my JoviPod. I read something today that made me a happy Goddess:

New company allows iPod individuality
By Tom Marine
The Daily Reflector

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Apple iPods soon maybe used for more than storing music and videos.

They may become a new symbol of individuality with custom-designed laser etchings expressing the creativity — or devotion — of their users.

For local businessman Wiley Corbett, that is the plan of his new business venture — Appeal LLC.

Corbett is launching his business next week, as he says, to provide a new graphical user interface for individual expression. For $25, his company will engrave an iPod with the owner's design of choice.

“We're empowering people to do something that they have never been able to do,” Corbett said. “We've taken things that previously couldn't be customized and done that.”

To help with the launch of his new company, Corbett said, Bon Jovi has agreed to a licensing agreement that will allow fans to put the band's logo on their iPods. He said the band has sold more than 120 million albums worldwide, making it a prime candidate to market with his business.

“The reason we approached (Bon Jovi), we wanted a band that exemplified what American music is all about,” he said. “Their music is loved and beloved.”

Corbett said he is starting with musicians because of their direct link to iPods. However, he said, it's not just the music industry that he is trying to add.

Professional sports teams, NASCAR and collegiate teams, including East Carolina University, could soon be available for iPod engravings.



Som not only is Mr. Corbett embarking on a venture that will have millions of fans of bands, NASCAR, and sports teams cheering, he also, by virtue of his comments about Bon Jovi, must be one hell of smart man ;)

I for one can't wait until his company launches, and will keep an eye out for the launch!! I know, I know, there are companies out there that already do this (ETCHSTAR.com comes to mind) but hey, they don't have the Jovi logo licensed, do they?

~ Hath

Here is a link to the full article.

3 comments:

Queenie November 21, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

*sigh* my poor little MP3 player only holds 400 songs; 350 of which are Bon Jovi songs. I think I need to upgrade! I keep telling my hub I want an Ipod. He just keeps telling me I don't need one. What the hell does he know?! :)

Anonymous,  November 21, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

i wonder if they can engrave the iphone?

koolsheena November 22, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

Oh my gosh, this is such a great idea! I would love to add Bon Jovi's logo to my IPOD.

Thanks for the info Hath! :) It was a very cool article.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP