Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Greatest Hits

OK, so I have friends Backtage. Not literally, but with BSWJBJ. A HUGE announcement on Backstage today, but I've been asked to share it with you (not by anyone official, but still)...

Greatest Hits Info

(Aug. 26, 2010 – New York, NY) World-renowned music icons Bon Jovi are releasing a career-spanning greatest hits compilation November 9th on Island Records. Bon Jovi GREATEST HITS will transport listeners back in time through Bon Jovi’s worldwide monster hits of the past and offer a bridge to the future with the debut of four brand new tracks.

“Music marks milestones in all our lives,” notes front man Jon Bon Jovi. “These songs have stood the test of time and they remind us all where we came from, even as we keep our eyes towards the future.”

Bon Jovi GREATEST HITS will be a 16-song single disc chock full of the band’s biggest chart-toppers including “Livin’ On A Prayer,” “Always,” “It’s My Life,” “Wanted Dead or Alive,” and “Who Says You Can’t Go Home.” Two new songs, including lead single “What Do You Got,” round out the track listing. “What Do You Got?” will hit radio airwaves globally at the end of August.

Bon Jovi GREATEST HITS - THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION will be a 28-song two disc edition made up of the GREATEST HITS CD from the standard edition and a second disc featuring beloved fan favorites including “Bed of Roses,” “Blood on Blood,” “These Days,” and “Keep The Faith” plus the third and fourth new tracks created for this project.

The four new songs (“The More Things Change,” “No Apologies,” “This Is Love, This Is Life” and the first single, “What Do You Got?”) were written specifically for inclusion in this compilation.

The complete track listings for Bon Jovi GREATEST HITS and Bon Jovi GREATEST HITS - THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION will be unveiled exclusively at www.bonjovi.com.

For more information on all things Bon Jovi, please visit www.bonjovi.com
There was the news, here's the commentary.

First, I thought there were five new songs? "This Is Our House" was filmed for a video, wasn't it? Though there is some speculation that the reason they filmed live performance in Toronto is that the NFL will be using it as a theme song for commercials, game promos etc, kinda like MLB did with I Love This Town. I for one wouldn't mind if that particular rumor was true. The song lends itself to sports teams more than radio airplay, IMO.  Besides, I already get to hear the song “live” when my Beloved New England Patriots score touchdowns. If this rumor is true, I can also hear it when I watch the games on TV, and that will absolutely TORTURE Mr. Hath, and I'm in a mood today.

What else...

Oh yeah.

Second.

What about that survey that went out from AEG (I think it was) asking what we wanted in a Greatest Hits package. I'm pretty sure nobody voted AGAINST a DVD. In fact, didn't Obie half-mention something about a DVD of the opening of New Giants (sorry, sorry, New Meadowlands Stadium)? Of course, if it follows the same pattern of the MSG DVD, we'll have that in 2013. Everyone else outside the US will have it by Christmas, but not us. We’ll have to see on that.

Finally, what is the benefit to hiding the track list? They already KNOW that we're going to buy the 2-cd package so we can get all four new tracks (again, four, not five?) so what's the harm in letting it all out?

Now, I've asked (outside the blog) if we think these songs are just 'throw-aways' from the Circle record (which would stink), or if they're really new stuff. I've heard that they are in fact new, and a non-Kool-Aid drinker has heard two of the new tracks and says they're awesome. I hope this person's right.

Logistically, we've got only 7 days until the end of August. That means we should be hearing this soon. I wonder if Obie will premier it on WPLJ...

~ Hath

5 comments:

blushnscarlet August 25, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Hath, Thanks so much for posting this info! I'm a BSWJBJ member, but never seem to find out this kinda stuff. I guess that's my only Jovi pet peeve - I've signed up for emails, text messages, Backstage and I still have to log onto the darn website every day to find out anything. I've given up on them, you're more reliable :-)

Anonymous,  August 26, 2010 at 5:38 AM  

I definitely agree with blushnscarlet, BSWJBJ is as useful as a chocolate teapot. Shouldn't members have got this info via email BEFORE it hit the website? I'm not sure what to think about the GH,I WANT to buy it but something is telling me not to bother and to just get the new tracks instead. I guess I'll just have to wait for the track list.
Anyhow, thanks for letting us know about this Hath, you're far more up to date and reliable than BSWJBJ. Oh and one little question that has been bothering me for ages is, when the hell is Richie going to get an offical site? At the moment BSWJBJ wshould just be BSWBJ because, although I think management may have forgotten, there are 5 members of the band (yes I DID include Hugh in that)

Vicki

blushnscarlet August 26, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

"Oh and one little question that has been bothering me for ages is, when the hell is Richie going to get an offical site? At the moment BSWJBJ wshould just be BSWBJ because, although I think management may have forgotten, there are 5 members of the band (yes I DID include Hugh in that)"

I'm with you on that totallysambora!!!

The Goddess Hathor August 26, 2010 at 8:51 AM  

Ladies, I'm with you on the whole BSWBJ thing. I'm not quite sure why the Jovi Machine hasn't decided this would be a great marketing idea.

Not only would you keep the Jonny girls, you'd gain the Richie girls, Curl girls, Hit chicks, and Bass babes (yes, I included Huey too, though he isn't official). Think of all the additional merchandise they could sell! Clearly the BSWJBJ stuff isn't doing well, I see it on the "standard store" for deep discounts. I would certainly by merchandise that featured Richie *drool*, and I know there are others out there who would LOVE to get their little hands on merch with the other guys' mugs prominently displayed...

Though I'm still holding out for the nudie pens...

Also, yes, Jon is the face of the band, the voice, the boss, CEO, Grand PoohBah, whatever. BUT, there are other guys on that stage with him. It's not "The Jon Bon Jovi Experience" (lol) or "Jon Bon and the Jersey Boy Band". It's all the members together, the harmonies and chemistry, that make the band what it is.

They should celebrate that.

Or at least exploit it to make a buck.

Then maybe ticket prices would come down...

~ Hath

~ * Vicki * ~ August 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

The first year of Backstage it was Basckstage with Bon Jovi. I still have my original membership card in my memories box(member #724 to be exact). When that whole "unofficial" breakup happened way back in 90'-91', and all the management was fired, it came back as Backstage with Jon Bon Jovi and that's when I DID NOT renew my membership. It is a band, and the fanclub should cater to all the members of the band, not just Jon! It would be nice for those of us who don't find Jon as their favorite person in the band to be able to purchase stuff pertaining to the one who is our favorite member. I myself am a Richie girl all the way. I get the whole it's his name, he's in charge, blah, blah, blah, but without the other guys, IMO it's not Bon Jovi. Without the other guys the band would not have the chemistry or the following it has. I just think it's a fan club for the Bon Jovi band and it should be represented as such.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP