Friday, August 27, 2010

What Do You Got? (II)

You can download the version from BonJovi.com here.  It doesn't have all the PLJ yapping that the earlier download I listed had.

Thanks to Lisa and LeeAnn for listing out the lyrics:

Everybody wants something, just a little more
We're makin' a living and what we're living for
Rich man or a poor man, a pawn or a king
You can live on the street, you can rule the whole world
But it don't mean one damn thing

What do you got if you ain't got love?
Whatever you got, it just ain't enough
You're walkin' a road but you're goin' nowhere
Tryin' to find your way home but there's no one there
Who do you hold in the dark of night?
You wanna give up but it's worth the fight
You can have all the things that you've been dreaming of

If you ain't got someone you're afraid to lose
Everybody needs just one someone to tell them the truth
Maybe I'm a dreamer but I still believe
I believe in hope, I believe that change can get us up off our knees

What do you got if you ain't got love?
Whatever you got just ain't enough
You're walkin' a road but you're goin' nowhere
Tryin' to find your way home but there's no one there
Who do you hold in the dark of night?
You wanna give up but it's worth the fight
You can have all the things that you've been dreaming of
If you ain't got love, it's all just keepin' score
If you ain't got love, what the hell we doin' it for?

I don't wanna have to talk about it
How many songs I gotta sing about it?
How long you gonna live without it?
Why does someone somewhere have to doubt it?
Someday you'll figure it out

What do you got if you ain't got love?
Whatever you got, it just ain't enough
You walk on that road but you're goin' nowhere
Tryin' to find your way home but there's no one there
Who do you hold in the dark of night?
You wanna give up but it's worth the fight
You can have all the things that you've been dreaming of
If you ain't got love, it's all just keepin' score
If you ain't got love, what the hell we doin' it for?

(Whoa oh oh oh) Ohh, what do you got if you ain't got love?
(Whoa oh oh oh) Ohh, what do you got if you ain't got love?
(Whoa oh oh oh) Ohh, what do you got if you ain't got love?
(Whoa oh oh oh)

I've given it a bunch more listens, and I have to say, I like it. It does sound a bit over-produced, but the vocals are perfect (as per usual). The solo could have been a bit more "spectacular", but it's got a nice chorus, a good solid intro -- I like it.

~ Hath

2 comments:

wildflowerlily,  August 27, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

I like it. I've only listened to it a couple of times, but it is still sticking in my head. I think it's radio-friendly, and Jon sounds great. It'll be in my iPod rotation.

I'd still love an old-school, heart-thumping, stadium-shaking rocker, though, too.

alicefayenjbj August 27, 2010 at 10:00 PM  

Heard it for the first time tonight thanks to Tre. I actually like it and have to agree with you Hath it sounds like a circle reject word wise. Love the harmony and the solo could have been a little harder, but its a catchy tune and I agree it is radio friendly. will have to actually listen to Ace and Tj to hear it on the radio.

Funny found this radio station that I can only get on the weekends and they are playing Bad Name just now.


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP