Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dear Bon Jovi Management...

... with the press release for the Greatest Hits "packages" still fresh in our email inboxes, I wanted to point your attention to another new press release -- for another Jersey boy -- for another package.  Rolling Stone is reporting this:

After years of rumors, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band have announced the details of their Darkness On The Edge of Town box set, which will be released on November 16.

Numerous songs on the 3 CD/3 DVD package don't appear to have been heard anywhere, even on bootleg, including "Someday (We'll Be Together)," "The Brokenhearted," "Save My Love," "Ain't Good Enough For You," "It's A Shame," and "The Little Things (My Baby Does)."

The set includes:
  • CD 1: REMASTERED 'DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN'
  • CD 2: THE PROMISE (DISC 1)
  • CD 3: THE PROMISE (DISC 2)
  • DVD 1: "THE PROMISE: THE MAKING OF 'DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN'"
  • DVD 2: DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN (PARAMOUNT THEATER, ASBURY PARK, NJ,2009)
  • DVD 3: HOUSTON '78 BOOTLEG: HOUSE CUT

Columbia Records will release Bruce Springsteen's 'The Promise: The Darkness on the Edge of Town Story' on Nov 16. The Deluxe Package comprises over six hours of film and more than two hours of audio across 3 CDs and 3 DVDs. The media contents are packaged within an 80-page notebook containing facsimiles from Springsteen's original notebooks from the recording sessions, which include alternate lyrics, song ideas, recording details, and personal notes in addition to a new essay by Springsteen and never-before-seen photographs.

Um, holy CRAP! That is a package and a half.

Are you taking notes, BJM?

~ Hath

4 comments:

Anonymous,  August 26, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

That's the way to do it! Hope BJM are paying attention. Why does my heart sink when I think if the GH? I just don't think it will be anything like we want. As for the AEG email survey, bet they took no notice of it.

Vicki

JoviGoo,  August 26, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

Thanks for posting this, Hath! I'm a big Bruce fan too. Wow, well now I know what I'm asking for for Christmas, hahaha!!!!

Eddie,  August 30, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

I sincerely hope the band knows about Bruce's upcoming release. Not to take anything away from Bon Jovi, because they've always been one of my favorite bands; but when it comes to releases, Bruce has always been about the fans, and Jon has always been about what the fans can GIVE HIM. It's always been that way. It seems like Bon Jovi always holds back alot too. We KNOW they've got a treasure trove of material that hasn't been released, as well as new songs they're holding back; so what gives?

The One Wild Night CD... Their first live one, and it didn't even capture what a live Bon Jovi show REALLY IS...

There's the re-release of the "Special Edition" albums a few months back...with some live tracks on there... No B-Sides or remastered outtakes from the era...

And now the new Greatest Hits. Why not do Crossroads 2? All the bst stuff from where Crossroads left off? And 4 new songs, (won't bitch about the fifth we were promised)... Why does the fan who has bought EVERYTHING, and has ALL THESE SONGS ALREADY, have to buy the deluxe edition to get the 4 newbies?

I hope Jon is aware of Bruce's release. Maybe it'll inspire them to do something similar to try and top him. In my opinion, you can't top Bruce, but you can TRY. And if Bon Jovi did...it might just be something amazing.

The Goddess Hathor August 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

Not to stir the pot more, but some reports are saying the Aussie version will have 30 songs, while in the US we get 28. Since the track lists haven't been released yet (or if they have, I haven't found them yet) I don't know if they're getting the mythical 5th song or not.

But I have to agree @Eddie, most of the fandom has already re-purchased the catalog to get the "new" tracks as well as to get at the "vault" (which by all fan accounts I've received is a MAJOR disappontment)...

Remember the comments about Jon always wanting to be #1 (I don't remember if it was from the Management offices or from Jon himself)? Maybe if Bruce has the #1-selling package of the year, Jon will want to try to top it.

~ Hath


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP