Thursday, December 03, 2009

Not The Critics' Darlings...

... but maybe this is the year!

The 52nd annual Grammy Award Nominees have been announced, and our boys are on the list!!!

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
(For established duos or groups, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

  • I Gotta Feeling
    The Black Eyed Peas
    Track from: The E.N.D.
    [Interscope Records]

  • We Weren't Born To Follow
    Bon Jovi
    Track from: The Circle
    [Island Records]

  • Never Say Never
    The Fray
    Track from: The Fray
    [Epic]

  • Sara Smile
    Daryl Hall & John Oates
    Track from: Live At The Troubadour
    [Shout! Factory]

  • Kids
    MGMT
    Track from: Oracular Spectacular
    [Columbia]


I'll admit, when I first saw this, I thought it was a hoax because "Sara Smile" was released off of Hall & Oats' first record (in 1976, I think) and the articles I saw didn't mention it was from a live show.

Anyone know if the guys will be there? The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards live from Staples Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010, and broadcast on CBS at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

~ Hath

2 comments:

Big Apple Jen December 3, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

Given the number of times the band has been nominated, I'm not holding my breath on this one.

And, unless they are performing, I would think they will not be there ... or maybe just Richie will go since he's out there.

It would be nice for them to win a Grammy for a rock/pop song rather than the sole country one they have ... but in the end, I find the whole process to be a bit of a farce.

Nonetheless, its wonderful that they were recognized. Go boys!

richiesambora December 3, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

I hope they won't ever make it to the guinness book of world records as the band with most nominations and only one won Grammy
~Andy


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP