Thursday, December 03, 2009

Another "Characters Unite" Post

First, Catte has posted about her experience with Jon. It's a great story, and will have you smiling as you experience the event vicariously through here eyes.

Next, I've got more pictures for you.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Thirdly, here is an article from the Washington Examiner.

Rock on: Bon Jovi sees himself as ambassador of optimism

Rockers tend to be "blue state" singers, country-western artists are "red state" singers, and rappers handle our urban regions, according to veteran anchorman Tom Brokaw.

At USA Network's national town hall "Characters Unite" Wednesday, moderator Brokaw asked Jon Bon Jovi where the artist stood on his responsibility when promoting cultural divides in pop culture.

"I've taken a certain point of view that I've always taken on ... this unbridled optimism in a strange way," Bon Jovi said before a diverse panel including Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif., Politico's Mike Allen, Newark, N.J. Mayor Cory Booker, Rep. Anh Cao, R-La., Georgetown professor Michael Eric Dyson, the Washington Post's Kathleen Parker and D.C. Public Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee.

Bon Jovi said he saw himself as an ambassador for American pop culture when he traveled abroad, and he said he believed anti-American sentiment has come back again in the past decade.

His "unbridled optimism" defies borders and cultures, he said.

"They don't see color, and I find that very interesting," he said, reflecting on his four children. "Maybe my kids are unique, but what I'm hoping for is that the next generation are going to be much more understanding of the racial divide of the economic divide that we are living right now."

source

Finally, according to the passtheball website (where the session was webcast) it will be up for viewing at some point.

OK, that's it for now on this rainy, dreary Monday.

Have a good one, people!

~ Hath

4 comments:

Queenie December 3, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

Thanks! Loved Cate's blog about her day yesterday. And that was a great article from the Washington Examiner. :)

And you must be having a really bad week if you think today is Monday. It's Thursday hon, the week is almost over...

The Goddess Hathor December 3, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

OMG it's Thursday? I had no idea. It feels like a Monday. Thanks for brightening my day!!

~ H

Unknown December 3, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

LMAO!!! My first thought was WTH??? Its MOnday. Hath, Hun, its Thursday!!! I think someone is overworked!

Catte Sambora December 3, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

Feelin' like a Monday but someday you'll be Saturday Night.... :D


Can I Live Here?

The Devoted

So What Does She Blog About?

Goddess' Playground

T's Place Fan Fictionistas Bon Jovi Toxic Avenger Topix.net FF Authors Samboraly Yours Jovi Calendar Jovi Nation

About This Site...

All my stories are pure fiction, and of an adult nature. No offense or harm is meant to anyone. If these types of stories don't appeal to you, don't click the links above.

Some of the other ramblings in my blog,the news-type items, are gathered from Google Alerts and emails I subscribe to, and things my friends send me. They're as accurate as the data I receive :o)

Please, come on in, look around a bit, and stay a while. And, if you end up reading something, please leave me a comment so I know you were here...

Where In The World Are The Goddess' Readers?

Thank You....

... to Laney (aka the Queen of Swing) for the gorgeous banner!
(c) 2007-2012 by The Goddess Hathor
All original content is copyrighted and all intellectual property rights apply.
PLEASE: do not post any of the stories found wholly (or linked) on this site anywhere.
Links are OK, text excerpts are not.
I am in no way affiliated with the band or any of its members. I'm simply a fan looking for a way to celebrate my favorite band.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    This site best viewed with FireFox or Google Chrome

Back to TOP